computer issues - need advice

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
At least I think it's my computer. There's another forum I surf and for some reason it won't let me past the index page. This morning it was working great, now it bounces me back to the index page every time I click on a link. Can't get anywhere, not even to my inbox. No other websites I've been to today have done this, it's just this one, and it's really frustrating. Other folks aren't have the problem since I see new posts have been made.

Any way I can fix this? tell my computer to stop allowing sites to redirect it?

TIA.

Sounds like it is a forum using php software. If not, disregard what I'm going to tell you here.

At times, php has a problem recognizing/remembering cookies. When you try to go to log in or go to a thread, it bounces you back because it doesn't recognize you.

If this is happening, start typing the forum url into your browser and as you type, you should start seeing the forum name and some of the previous links that you have clicked come up as suggestions. Instead of going directly to the main forum page, go to one of the links that you have previously (successfully) viewed in the past. That will normally let you in and go about your business as usual. Whenever the webmaster reboots the server, it should correct the problem.

And as always, when having problems, reboot your own computer too. That can correct a multitude of errors and problems.

Hope this helps.

is that the same thing that happens when you go to a site and try to click back and you cant get out of it b/c it keeps going back to their mainpage? i hate when that happens. somebody just told me last night than you can click the little arrow next to the back arrow to get out when that happens, tho.

Latest posts