Advice for building in ground pool?

Help Support CattleToday:

Beieltam

Reaction score
https://giftedkiddie.com/best-pool-slides/
We are about to build an in ground pool and am looking for any advice. This will be our first pool and would love to know what is best. We have 2 girls ages 2 and 7 and want a pool that is great for these ages and for them to grow into.

For example, chlorine or salt? and why?
What accessories would you suggest are must haves?
How big and deep would you suggest? We have plenty of space for any size and want a decent size but not spend a fortune.
Really, any advice to help make this process easier?

The pool will be a magnet for all of your friends and you will have friends you never thought as friends.
They will come and swim even if you are not there. Also your liability insurance will go up

Shallow at both ends. No diving boards or slides.

I hear good things about the salt water set ups.

As for accessories, how about a volley ball net?

I think it's a great idea and your children and wife will love it. Best of luck.

We had a pool for 25 years and the kids really enjoyed it. But a pool is time consuming and high maintenance. I'd go salt, way less chemicals to keep everything in balance.

Keep the critters out of it when built........

WZZYmbL.jpg

e3whMqh.jpg

jK8LuoH.jpg

It's a excavators best gig, gets paid for digging it and gets paid for filling it in, if you want a pool, get above ground, less than half the price, less than half to maintain, and easier to get rid of when you're done.

bird dog said:
Look up cowgirl8's post on what she did with hers. Besides that, how many days a year can you use one in Duluth?

Mostly for hockey

haase said:
It's a excavators best gig, gets paid for digging it and gets paid for filling it in, if you want a pool, get above ground, less than half the price, less than half to maintain, and easier to get rid of when you're done.

One of the better days of my life was when my then-wife's friend backed into our above ground with her tailgate. Insurance was good to us and no more pool as a bonus.

With a 2 year old I would be awfully nervous about installing a pool. I know of several kids that age who drowned in a pool or lake. Hard to keep an eye on them every minute.

Dave said:
With a 2 year old I would be awfully nervous about installing a pool. I know of several kids that age who drowned in a pool or lake. Hard to keep an eye on them every minute.

I couldn't agree more. If they couldn't swim VERY WELL I wouldn't even think about it. I was adamant that all 3 of mine learned as soon as they could. All of them could swim before they were 2. And I made sure they got plenty of practice. BUT, accidents can still happen and you can never be too careful.

I have always heard that the 2 best days of a pool owners life are the day it's built and the day it's filled in...just sayin!

They make so many above kinds now, it almost doesn't make sense to build a pool.. I would have been happy with just a hot tub, but didn't know that until I got one.
While the kids were young I loved the pool. We even went so far as to getting a dome to go over it. Husband even made a heater that worked well. What we found out is no one wants to swim enough in the winter to justify having a heater. One year we didn't get above 95 all year. It was the summer that didn't happen. If the water is cold, no one will want to swim but it still has to be maintained.
We got a liner pool. Our ground is shifty and it was about half the price. Got one with a diving board which, started a diving adventure with our youngest daughter. So I guess if we had never gotten a pool, she would have never dove with SMU.. the last 7ish years we went salt, that's the way to go..
My pool is now my garden. I spent way more time out there now than I did with water. We were out there last week with my grandkids and I mentioned that it use to be a pool. They had no idea...lol... Oldest asked if I can get the dirt out of it so they can swim...…

Latest posts