Compare the Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know squat about the breed, either, but I prefer bull #1. #2 has extreme length but doesn't appear to have as much gut. Also I don't like the set of the hind legs on #2. And the angle of his shoulder looks funky on #2. But one photo isn't really a fair basis for evaluation. A little angle change makes a lot of difference.

I prefer the longer bull; both are real good, and the choice is largely a matter of taste.

slick4591":3utu5k9u said:
Okay, I dug a little deeper and found more info. #1 bull is 149 cm and #2 bull is 142 cm in trunk length. #1 chest girth is 191 cm and #2's is 184. Withers height for #1 is 119 cm and #2 is 115. The pic is very deceiving.

I had 1 over 2 and now based on the added information you found, I'd take the 1 bull hands down.

slick4591":1l6rw7zv said:
Looks like #1 is going to make it to my tank. I really appreciate everyone's opinions!
Now you all need to help me finalize my Brangus Bull! :D
Mine is for Embryos mostly, so I am being really picky.........

The first thing I thought of was if you put a racing saddle and some colors on them, and fitted them with some blinders...you could lead them into the starting gate at Churchill Downs...

Gators Rule":h53sjl12 said:
The first thing I thought of was if you put a racing saddle and some colors on them, and fitted them with some blinders...you could lead them into the starting gate at Churchill Downs...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Who would win, bull #1 or # 2?

My favorite breed of cattle!!
The first Bull
The muscling in the first animal is much better than the second animal. His neck is larger and just thicker. His girth is much thicker. His forearms are larger. His shoulder is much deeper The shoulder pad muscles are outstanding. His flank is much deeper. The rump muscles are much more pronounced.
He has a much larger barrel where as the other has a weaker looking back
He is a beautiful bull.

What the second bull has over the first bull.....
length
His gaskin muscles are larger and tie down into his hocks fuller.
He appears he might be a little larger boned.

If I were buying one of the two bulls, I would pick bull #1.

Ha-ha!! When someone wants an opinion on a bull or a cow, I never read what else is wrote, as I just read the initial post and state my opinion. Then I read what everyone else posts. I was hoping you were going to buy one of these bulls. But this is just as good, now you won't have to feed him. :lol2:

branguscowgirl":3lor0ggl said:
Gators Rule":3lor0ggl said:

Definately #2. That bull is so long his nose is crossing the finish line when his butt is running down the back stretch! :mrgreen:

Gators Rule":10rq5vmu said:
branguscowgirl":10rq5vmu said:
Gators Rule":10rq5vmu said:

Definately #2. That bull is so long his nose is crossing the finish line when his butt is running down the back stretch! :mrgreen:
The #1 bull is actually longer.

Okay, I will weigh in. You know that Tyson is my favorite Italian bull. He worked best on my girls. Got some phenomenal calves. I expect you would agree. ;-) Anyway. I like both bulls for different reasons. If you look at your girls what would you fault them on? Then look again at the bulls and hopefully maybe some of their offspring then determine which might be able to help your girls faults. That being said, my personal preference based on the bulls alone is number 1.

I guess it doesn't matter now because when I went to order I was told he was one of the ones that didn't pass the import test(?). I have two fullbloods at the breeders now and will go with the second bull on both.

I appreciate everyone's opinions.

Latest posts