Compact Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Anyone here have an opinion on the 20-35hp compact homeowner type tractors? My Mother was asking about a NH tc33 she saw the other day and I have no clue about a tractor that small. She wants something with a finish or belly mower, 4wd and a loader. Something a few years old, but not antique yet. I've looked at some on ironsearch, that class of tractors is pricey for what you get, but she's worked her whole life and if she wants something nice then I'm all for it.

Any owners/opinions of different brands out there? Would prefer to stick with a NH or other common brand, and not really a big fan of green paint.

cfpinz

cfpinz":1d0d8ev8 said:
Anyone here have an opinion on the 20-35hp compact homeowner type tractors? My Mother was asking about a NH tc33 she saw the other day and I have no clue about a tractor that small. She wants something with a finish or belly mower, 4wd and a loader. Something a few years old, but not antique yet. I've looked at some on ironsearch, that class of tractors is pricey for what you get, but she's worked her whole life and if she wants something nice then I'm all for it.

Any owners/opinions of different brands out there? Would prefer to stick with a NH or other common brand, and not really a big fan of green paint.

cfpinz
that sounds like it will fitt your moms needs.big enough to plow an till a garden mow the yard.an do things around the house.

bigbull338":2d1rmck9 said:
cfpinz":2d1rmck9 said:

cfpinz
that sounds like it will fitt your moms needs.big enough to plow an till a garden mow the yard.an do things around the house.

The one she was asking about was a hydro. Neither of us are crazy about hydrostatics.

cfpinz":2ddby18y said:
bigbull338":2ddby18y said:
cfpinz":2ddby18y said:

cfpinz

The one she was asking about was a hydro. Neither of us are crazy about hydrostatics.
since ive got a bad leg.id give my eye teeth for a hydro tranny on a tractor.

Check out the website, Tractorbynet.com. They are mostly about compacts and have many knowledgeable people there. I would look at the Kubota if there is a dealer close. From what I have read Kubota has over 50% of the compact market and has been making them longer than anyone else. A friend has one that has been troublefree.

i have a kioti ck20 love it... 4 w drive. ag tires.. will go any where the big boys will.. just not as fast.. but it has the power for doing many small jobs i use it to brushhog the fields, disc , drag posts, its the ticket for trimming up hayfield edges, and tight places.. doug has a bigger kubotta, which we need for running bigger equipment. we just sent it off a couple weeks ago to get a loader bucket installed on it... it should be back next week maybe.. the kioti has spoiled me thou.. i hate to drive the big tractor now... and havent in over a yr.. the tractor even has cruise control !!! althou its never used.. to many hills and humps here Rose

Look at the Massey compacts. They are a good unit and have parts when you need them. Some of the off brands you can't get parts for very easily.

All she wants is an overgrown lawnmower, don't really need anything fancy. We've been looking at a few of the NH's, probably wind up with one of those. I've driven a few Kubotas before and I can't see eye to eye with them, just what you get used to. One of the better local dealers has started selling Branson compacts, anyone know anything about them?

cfpinz

brownmule":2ks19ka1 said:
i have a kioti ck20 love it... 4 w drive. ag tires.. will go any where the big boys will.. just not as fast.. but it has the power for doing many small jobs i use it to brushhog the fields, disc , drag posts, its the ticket for trimming up hayfield edges, and tight places.. doug has a bigger kubotta, which we need for running bigger equipment. we just sent it off a couple weeks ago to get a loader bucket installed on it... it should be back next week maybe.. the kioti has spoiled me thou.. i hate to drive the big tractor now... and havent in over a yr.. the tractor even has cruise control !!! althou its never used.. to many hills and humps here Rose

Kioti is getting real popular here. They only come in FWD they make up to a 70 hp range.

I just bought a Kubota B7510 for use in the barn. It's a compact 21 horse diesel and you can put a 60" belly mower on it. It came with loaded industrial tires, front loader , gear drive, 4wd, and power steering. It's Kubota's base model, paid 11,400. I've had lots of different tractors, Ford 4600, International 966-lots of Kubotas, B7200, L3600, L3650, L39, 5030... for me Kubota is a hard tractor to beat.

Scott

Latest posts