Come Along or Yellow Wire Stretcher

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy":2l42r799 said:
....I seem to get enough practice as I have 3/4 of a mile along a county road. We always have somebody that cannot keep their car between the ditches and so far, have only had three of the offenders fess up to running through the fence.

Funny that you say that but a few years ago we had 3 folks go thru our fence in about 2 years. I happened during the night on all three times. Luckly the cows were in the other pastures at the time. Only one time did anyone say anything. It was a lady who was "bumped" when a car ran up behind her and clipped her left rear before passing. She spun out and went thru the fence backwards. I was out of town at the time so my son went and unlocked the gate to let the tow truck in to load the car up. When I got home the next evening, the lady's husband had already repaired the fence.

I have used the yellow stretcher, a comealong, the tractor, the truck and one of those rope pulley blocks that was my granddads. Each has good points and bad points. I choose the best depending on what I need at the moment.

Nowland, I had one that the ditch was too deep to cross and the gate to the pasture was right across from the landlords house, just a little incentive to fess up?!?

RCP":286binuc said:
I don't mean to steal this thread, but on this subject, can anyone explain how to use a " Lamb Wire Fence Co. stretcher made in Adrian Michigan. I bought it on ebay, and can't figure it out thanks! rcp
Post some pictures from a couple of angles and I'll bet someone will be able to figure it out.

Anyone but me think it might be a good idea to put a wire tightener like a smooth hii-tensile wire in new fence to take out slack after the wire stretches later?

mtncows, if my wire "stretches later" It means either it wasn't tight enough to begin with, or the corner pipes or brace pipes weren't deep enough.

Dun I have been going with the Oklahoma brand 4 point lately and like it better than Red Brand.

backhoeboogie":17vmjqsy said:
mtncows, if my wire "stretches later" It means either it wasn't tight enough to begin with, or the corner pipes or brace pipes weren't deep enough.

Dun I have been going with the Oklahoma brand 4 point lately and like it better than Red Brand.
I agree with you on that BHB been using the OK steel wire the last 5 yrs or so

Angus Cowman":3tvak3eq said:
backhoeboogie":3tvak3eq said:

Up here the choices are basicly Red Brand, Gaucho or some kind of junk crap.

dun":32pza1v2 said:
Angus Cowman":32pza1v2 said:
backhoeboogie":32pza1v2 said:

Up here the choices are basicly Red Brand, Gaucho or some kind of junk crap.
MFA sells OK steel wire also

Angus Cowman":s88tu36h said:
They POed me so bad 10 years ago I haven;t done much business with them since

Angus Cowman":3fp7bz0u said:
dun":3fp7bz0u said:
Angus Cowman":3fp7bz0u said:
They POed me so bad 10 years ago I haven;t done much business with them since
I think Bills has it also
Last time I bought wire there the didn;t. The good stuff was Red Brand, then Gaucho, then JUNK. I only use barbed pretty much to patch the stuff that was here originaly, everything else is HT hot. If I need any I'll make sure to ask Marty, if they don;t have it at this store they may at the other

Latest posts