cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
Its -47 degrees celcius here this morning- with the wind chill----thats -52 F------something for you good ole boys in texas to think about--- I drive school bus we shut her down at -45

Now that's cold!

It got down to 19 F last night, and all of the schools and govt. offices shut down here. We are definitely not used to this kind of weather. I hate the cold; that's why I live in Louisiana, so I can be hot!

I just don't understand how you can enjoy living in that cold of a climate. Not knocking your area for sure but I would think at that temp. your very limited to what you can do outside.

It was 9 here with a -2 wind chill here in bleak, snowcovered, frozen southeastern Ky. :( The good news is it got up to 17 today. :D Bad news is it's supposed to be -2 in the morning without the windchill. :help:

Heat wave hit us today....Yesterdays morning temp was minus 36- today it was minus 22....A 14 degree warm up....But today the wind came up- and the windchill hung around 50 below most the day...

Wind is supposed to bring us in Chinook conditions with temps in the 20's, and maybe even 30's and 40's-- while moving this cold to the folks south and east of us.... :D

AngusLimoX":17hsjla7 said:
tncattle":17hsjla7 said:
your very limited to what you can do outside.

Dressed properly, you can work all day. Which is what you will have to do if you rely on anything mechanical. :lol:

Taking a "whizz" at 40 Below and/or 50 below chill factor thru 4 or 5 layers of clothes and carharts can humble even the most arrogant ;-) :lol2:

Oldtimer":1mz91pqi said:
Taking a "whizz" at 40 Below and/or 50 below chill factor thru 4 or 5 layers of clothes and carharts can humble even the most arrogant ;-) :lol2:

Well , you would know!! :lol:

Being a lesser being than yourself, I might have "dribbled" the odd time to avoid those circumstances.

tncattle":5st3kp7j said:
I just don't understand how you can enjoy living in that cold of a climate. Not knocking your area for sure but I would think at that temp. your very limited to what you can do outside.

For the young married couples, this is usually 'baby making weather'. You would be amazed at the percentage of kids born in Sept/Oct/Nov in this area. I would say somewhere in the 60% range. :cowboy:

I'm not going to brag about the toasty weather in Texas.. it hasn't been above freezing for a day and a half here! 16 degrees without wind chill tonight. One more cold day, then we get up to 50. It's ridiculous! We're totally not used to it here, so it makes it really hard. There are a LOT of really poor cattle that I feel sorry for. Got to be tough on them.

Now if my cow will just wait two more days to calve.... :cowboy:

Oldtimer":3tieit3e said:

Wonder how cold it's got to be before it freezes on the way down?

here's another thing that gets me pretty P.O.d------I told the wife I needed some new jumper cables --Well xmas comes -----new cables ----she's so proud ;suppose to be real good ones (got a special little box on them so you don't blow up your computer) I think they must be made in Texas at -40 they sure don't bend much ,kind of like a steel rod-------You would think they could figure that out ;rubber bends when its cold ---plastic dosen't

I really admire you folks up north. I can't get out here,I sure couldn't last a day there having to go out. At least there you can buy close fit for the weather. You should see what passes for winter cloths here :lol2:

yeah its a hair to cold here in texas.it wont get above freezing here today.an will go down to 12 tonite.

Snow all around us and more to come tonight, it is -15 at the moment and said to colder by tomorrow, can't wait till the white stuff goes. Just looked out of the window and the blizard has started, will have to through another log on the fire, and crank up the central heating a notch. I hate the cold.

A fresh -2 F with a 15mph north wind here this morning ( thanks for sending it this way HD ) :lol:

50/50 if the 6640 cranks up. Just roll a few out of the mow if it doesn't.

AngusLimoX":2y262pdz said:
A fresh -2 F with a 15mph north wind here this morning ( thanks for sending it this way HD ) :lol:

50/50 if the 6640 cranks up. Just roll a few out of the mow if it doesn't.

Your welcome ALX. It is +7 here today, kind of a little mucky though . It sure is nice starting the tractor without having to use ether. ;-) Hay lasts longer too. :D

Carlos I hope you guys get some of this warmer weather soon.

hillsdown":4msu9kd0 said:
Your welcome ALX. It is +7 here today, kind of a little mucky though . It sure is nice starting the tractor without having to use ether. ;-) Hay lasts longer too. :D

Carlos I hope you guys get some of this warmer weather soon.

I'll keep the civilized sub zero ( not minus 20 ) until April. Man I hate mud.

Latest posts