Cold winter

Help Support CattleToday:

I kind of liked the Permission seed...

I was just asking my Dad the other day if he had cut a persimmon seed open yet and he has not.
There was a whole pile of them in my drive this morning, but they had been processed through a possum, so I declined to dig into them.

Signs. Whatever. I'm preparing for a hard winter, because that is always the way to approach it. Last year was really mild here. I almost forgot about the stuff you have to add to diesel fuel when it is 20F and below.
We are due a difficult winter. It has been awhile. But that doesn't mean we will get it THIS winter.

greybeard":leo8tbz0 said:
CottageFarm":leo8tbz0 said:
Anybody got a good test for places where there are no persimmons? :lol2:
We had a nasty spring, a weird summer and, so far, a really destructive autumn. I'm getting pretty nervous about what this winter is gonna bring.
http://www.stormfax.com/wxlore.htm

GB reckon the guy that wrote that ever passed thru Texas?

If the first week in August is unusually warm,
the coming Winter will be snowy and long.

Probably not, but Cottage Farm is in N. Colo. so I thought it might fit there.

This one sure doesn't fit my neck of the woods either.

If a cold August follows a hot July,
It foretells a Winter hard and dry.

Thanks GB! According to all of that stuff, we're NOT in for a real severe winter!

TB, you gotta get tougher about that whole snow thing!

John - yeah, we try to prepare for it, too. But that doesn't mean we don't always hope for mild temps.
You probably get a lot colder than we do most years.

CottageFarm":fthaoutj said:
Thanks GB! According to all of that stuff, we're NOT in for a real severe winter!

TB, you gotta get tougher about that whole snow thing!

John - yeah, we try to prepare for it, too. But that doesn't mean we don't always hope for mild temps.
You probably get a lot colder than we do most years.

CF when you've never been around much snow you have no reason to like it or look forward to it. All the snow we've had here in my lifetime wouldn't add up to a foot probably.

:lol: True, I did the desert thing for 10 years so I've seen both extremes.
Colorado is a fairly happy medium between the cold and humidity of the Midwest and the oppressive heat of Phoenix.
We don't get really get that much snow where we are anyway. Even if the occasional storm dumps a foot or two, it's gone pretty quickly.

Latest posts