Coastal

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Just got finished fertelizing about 68 acres of coastal today.
Got rain in the forcast starting friday.
Told the wife I think I'll get out in the yard naked and do a rain dance. She told me if I did i'd be put so far back in the nut house I would'nt know if it rained or not.

Guess she don't think the neighbors would like driving by seeing a 63yr. old dancing man naked in the front yard. "Imagine that"!

Cal

Let us know if the naked rain dance works? At $325 a ton I would be willing to try most anything.

You're dead on alabama $325 per ton.

Haven't worked up the nerve for the rain dance yet.

Cal

We just unloaded our second buggy of fertlizer here. Tried to get it yesterday, but they were waiting for a truckload to make it there.

100% chances for rain here tonight and into tomorrow. Said we could get as much as 3 inches, depending on how fast the front goes through. Yeeeehaw!

When I worked on a geophysical crew, we worked from about an hour before sunrise, until dark & only got a day off if it rained too much to work in the field. When ever one of the crew killed a snake, a fellow in our crew named Sammy, insisted on running over to the snake, turning it on it's belly, and then doing a rain dance. He said this was an Indian custom and insisted this would cause it to rain.

I have to admit, I was skeptical. And the fact that Sammy was not the sharpest tool in the shed, did not increase my confidence in his rain dances.

But I also have to admit: after he did this over several dead snakes, in the course of 6 or 7 weeks, it did rain.

You just never know.

We'll lucky me, I didn't have to do the rain dance after all.
Been pouring down rain all day.

Today is a lucky day for me. Sometimes it just seems it all comes together.

1. Fertilized coastal wed. Fri raining.
2. Fri sold house thats been on the market for 6months.
3. Fri. Oldest son's wife went to the hospital-Water broke.

Just don't get no betern this.

Cal

Calman":3p74nn29 said:
We'll lucky me, I didn't have to do the rain dance after all.
Been pouring down rain all day.

Today is a lucky day for me. Sometimes it just seems it all comes together.

1. Fertilized coastal wed. Fri raining.
2. Fri sold house thats been on the market for 6months.
3. Fri. Oldest son's wife went to the hospital-Water broke.

Just don't get no betern this.

Cal

I'm happy for you on the rain and your house. good luck on your grandbaby.....

Congratulations Calman,

I am glad everything worked out on your new grandson & the rain. I hate to see anyone do with out rain. We have been short on rain here for a while to. And has had me worried. However we got a good rain this weekend. 2 inches & 7/10 that is the best rain we have had here in months. And we are about 1 inch & 7/10 over for the month of April. And to beat that it just started raining again. I hope it keeps it up.

Thanks Stepper, I hope it keeps raining for you. We got a total of 5 1/2", through fri and sat. Filled up all our ponds. A real hard down pour, what I call a pond filler.
I'ts supposed to start again on wed.

Not being greedy but we'll take that too.

Cal

Latest posts