cl 18 are you still dry?

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score
I talked to some family members and on the Iowa side of the Missouri all of the creeks and small rivers are flooding
had I-29 closed for a while
evacuated a few of the small towns

so cattlelover18 are you still at home there in Tecumseh?

yeah alls somewhat good at home. actually compared to alot of people alls very good at home. some parts of I-29 are still closed. all that happened to me is that the creek went out and washed away all my sweet and pop corn! :x oh well, could have been a heck of alot worse! sweet/pop corn can be replanted, alot of what people lost in the big floods can never be replace. the total here was 7 and a half inches from saturday and sunday. my dads company is out of Salina and they got 4 inches in one hour! :shock: and GMA did a report on the flooding this morning from outside of Witchata and it showed a clip of some cattle swimming around trying to get out of the water but there was no where to go for them. :cry: the water was up to there necks. it was so sad. luckily im far enough away from the missouri not to be affected by its flooding. the cattle lots sure are muddy. :( really sucks to get around. i dont know if i could get the tractor through the mud. glad my and dad gave bales before it started raining. anyway, thanks for lookin out for me! hows the weather in Arkansas?

had an inch of rain yesterday but the sun is trying to come out today -
the grass is growing like crazy :banana: the calves are up to their bellies in pasture
and we already sprayed for weeds so the pastures are beautiful :banana: :banana: :banana:

sounds like ya got it made there. hey, dont dis the sun, it helps things grow too. the grass is growing like crrraaazzy! but i think its funny, cuz ive mowed like 3 times in the past month, but when you look at pastures the grass dont seem to be growin very fast. actually thats not funny. maybe its just cuz pasture are usually over used here. i was just coming back to edit and say that we havnt been dry at all. this has been a very wet winter and spring! the first in ages.

Latest posts