City Guy

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":3cf6rret said:
greybeard":3cf6rret said:
alisonb":3cf6rret said:
It'll never get as deep as yours :p
Proctologist?
hqdefault.jpg

I have a phobia. My doctor has been mad at me for the last 6 years because I refuse to subject myself to a colonoscopy.
Just remember that the time you have to worry is when you get a finger wave and have a hand on each shoulder

"I have a phobia. My doctor has been mad at me for the last 6 years because I refuse to subject myself to a colonoscopy."

My Dr. strongly suggested a colonoscopy and when I hesitated, thinking up an excuse, she mentioned if I choose to neglect the procedure I may be better off finding another Dr. I knew her well, and respected her as a doctor... so I asked her why she was so adamant about it.

She told me her dad would still be alive if only he'd have the test done! He was in his late 50's. I had her proceed with the necessary paperwork.

Your fear can be imagined or real, but the pain your family will feel, if there is something that can be corrected and not, is much greater. Don't be so selfish.

Bright Raven":2dxj6zbo said:
Aaron":2dxj6zbo said:
alisonb":2dxj6zbo said:
You got me :lol:... I'm actually really laid back though and enjoy a chuckle every now and then.

Just jesting with Aaron a little, he seems far too serious for my liking...and I see he is still wasting his time on this thread. Ibuprofen has not kicked in yet obviously and here I thought he was out looking for a wife :p

It worked for a while. Think it's a full blown sinus infection on the one side of my head because my upper jaw is in incredible pain. Hasn't been a very productive day yet. :mad:

Ole Doc Bright Raven prescribes a nasal irrigator. Seriously, I use one everyday. Have not had a sinus infection in 20 years. Uses a saline solution to irrigate the sinuses.

Never had a sinus infection before. Feels like I just had root canals done on every tooth of the top right side of my head, without sedation. Going back to M-5's comment regarding not doing heroin, I quickly found it's friendlier cousin, codeine, is the only drug to sooth the savage beast at this point. I can now think about things other than pain. Those pills from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled 6 years ago have been a worthwhile investment to keep in the cupboard.

Bright Raven":2i6d7wan said:
I have a phobia. My doctor has been mad at me for the last 6 years because I refuse to subject myself to a colonoscopy.
City Guy once confided to me he too refused a colonoscopy... feared they may discover a brain tumor. :)

Son of Butch":3foju082 said:
Bright Raven":3foju082 said:
City Guy once confided to me he too refused a colonoscopy... feared they may discover a brain tumor. :)

SOB you might have hit the nail square on the head with that

M-5":2cytkmfd said:
Son of Butch":2cytkmfd said:
Bright Raven":2cytkmfd said:

SOB you might have hit the nail square on the head with that
Thank you, thank you... I was quite proud of that one :)

Son of Butch":12l7ogj7 said:
Bright Raven":12l7ogj7 said:

That is a good one. :lol:

D2Cat":136st2bc said:
"I have a phobia. My doctor has been mad at me for the last 6 years because I refuse to subject myself to a colonoscopy."

My Dr. strongly suggested a colonoscopy and when I hesitated, thinking up an excuse, she mentioned if I choose to neglect the procedure I may be better off finding another Dr. I knew her well, and respected her as a doctor... so I asked her why she was so adamant about it.

She told me her dad would still be alive if only he'd have the test done! He was in his late 50's. I had her proceed with the necessary paperwork.

Your fear can be imagined or real, but the pain your family will feel, if there is something that can be corrected and not, is much greater. Don't be so selfish.

The fear is real. Anything to do with dental or medical procedures terrorizes me.

M-5":3kkq49n0 said:
Aaron":3kkq49n0 said:
Reading this thread has been a complete waste of time. Other than I now know that Kelly is a guy. And that there are many people out there that can't distinguish a boy or girl at birth when naming them. But this was still a waste of time.

yes Aaron it probably is a waste of time but on the bright side its better than doing crack or heroin and nobody was physically harmed .

Well I feel I have burned up a few brain cells on this thread. I wouldn't say no one was physically harmed.

Bright Raven":19sb2b5h said:
D2Cat":19sb2b5h said:
"Uses a saline solution to irrigate the sinuses." Is that irrigate or irritate? It sounds like the irrigation would cause irritation!!

No. The saline solution is isotonic - same salinity as your blood- thus no irritation from the irrigation. More confusing than amusing.

Okay, TMI but I have a broken nose, deviated septum and a collapsed nasal tube (direct hit from a cow aiming for a horse fly). I'm scheduled for surgery after calving but in the meantime my ENT has prescribed steroids and I have to irrigate with a homemade saline solution consisting of water, pickling/canning salt, baking soda (pure bicarbonate) and white corn syrup. Eweeee, but it actually works.

TCRanch":1xeiimlf said:
Bright Raven":1xeiimlf said:
D2Cat":1xeiimlf said:
"Uses a saline solution to irrigate the sinuses." Is that irrigate or irritate? It sounds like the irrigation would cause irritation!!

No. The saline solution is isotonic - same salinity as your blood- thus no irritation from the irrigation. More confusing than amusing.

Okay, TMI but I have a broken nose, deviated septum and a collapsed nasal tube (direct hit from a cow aiming for a horse fly). I'm scheduled for surgery after calving but in the meantime my ENT has prescribed steroids and I have to irrigate with a homemade saline solution consisting of water, pickling/canning salt, baking soda (pure bicarbonate) and white corn syrup. Eweeee, but it actually works.

You sure that is not a recipe for sea salt bread just missing the flour. Lol