Cinco de Mayo

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":14rlr5tt said:
I agree that the illegal aspect is not good but that is part of the broken system.

Would you blame your cows if they went to the neighbor's pasture but you didn't put a fence up? There are plenty of Americans that break the law all the time. Let's deport multiple DWI offenders, repeat drug users, violent criminals, ect. They actually endanger others when they break the law.

The idea that all those people can be deported is rediculous. 1) secure the border 2) amnesty for those already here so we can get them on the tax roll 3) expedite the process for becoming legal because we do depend on them

The idea that all those people can be deported is rediculous. Why?1) secure the border How, orders to shoot to kill? 2) amnesty for those already here so we can get them on the tax roll You don't reward criminals. ) expedite the process for becoming legal because we do depend on them.[/quote] We need a through process and nothing quick, our lives depend on it.

You do not reward someone for breaking the law.

True Grit Farms":3o305vtv said:
I think that should be changed to to "You shouldn;t reward someone for breaking the law". Currently it is the standard policy.

2 or 300 years ago don't apply to today. Just because this is a nation of immigrants doesn't mean you can keep status quo.. times change land fills up etc.. it's time to realize that half of us work and half mooch off the rest.. if you work for the government you don't add to the gdp. Might as well be on welfare.. everyone saying they are here to work etc don't woke with actual illegals . I poured concrete for 15 year and have been under cut on jobs by these people .. they don't pay insurance taxes or workman's comp.. so they do work for half price. I guess no one's been down by the Rio grande . There are mail boxes on the Texas side that the Mexicans cross from Mexico to get their welfare checks ... I'm all for hard working people but don't come over here flying the Mexican flag pissed off cause I won't learn Spanish.. it's America learn English.. u want to speak Spanish and live in crap I wouldn't use as a chicken house .. do that in Mexico

Caustic Burno":2n8xthea said:
If your policy had been enforced from the beginning I bet a lot of the board members today would not be here.
Assimilation is the problem not immigration in country founded by immigrants.
The immigrant of the day has always had the menial jobs of the time.
The true ignorance lies in the American voter and letting this become a nation of regulation cedeing more power to the government with each one. The current election cycle truly backs up the ignorance of the voter
with one candidate screaming build a wall to bring back jobs while the other pushes shutting down coal and cheap energy that makes operating good jobs here more profitable.
Never again will the USA be a manufacturing superpower under the boot of the epa.

This is the hard reality. Excellent and painfully honest post CB.

dun":2ollztav said:
True Grit Farms":2ollztav said:
I think that should be changed to to "You shouldn;t reward someone for breaking the law". Currently it is the standard policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc ... story.html

And when the elaborate efforts at engagement fail, the mentors still pay those who pledge to improve, even when, like Holmes, they are caught with a gun, or worse — suspected of murder.
:???: :???:

I'm holding out for bigger money before I sign up.

True Grit Farms":2tyyvr0s said:
The idea that all those people can be deported is rediculous. Why?1) secure the border How, orders to shoot to kill? 2) amnesty for those already here so we can get them on the tax roll You don't reward criminals. ) expedite the process for becoming legal because we do depend on them.
We need a through process and nothing quick, our lives depend on it.

You do not reward someone for breaking the law.[/quote]

It is logistically impossible to deport those people. The "bucket of corks" is to fill all the holes. Yall are underestimating the impact those people have on the us economy.

We reward bad/ illegal behavior all the time. You do drugs... you od... they send you to jail... you get out and file for disability. If you were lucky some one whipped your butt in there and you can claim a permanent injury. Get a little icing on that check.

People just like to cherry pick what they think is right and wrong.

Milton Friedman:
"I have always been amused by kind of a paradox. Suppose you go around and ask people: 'The United States, as you know, before 1914 had completely free immigration. Anybody could get on a boat and come to these shores. If you landed on Ellis Island, it was an immigrant. Was that a good thing or a bad thing?' You will find hardly a soul who will say it was a bad thing. Almost everybody will say it was a good thing.

"But then, suppose I say to the same people: 'But now, what about today? Do you think we should have free immigration?'

"'Oh no,' they'll say. 'We couldn't possibly have free immigration today. Boy that would, uhh, that would flood us with immigrants from India and God knows where. We'd be driven down to a bare subsistence level.'

"What's the difference? How can people be so inconsistent? Why is it that free immigration was a good thing before 1914 and free immigration is a bad thing today?

"Well, there is a sense in which that answer is right. There is a sense in which free immigration, in the same sense in which we had it before 1914, is not possible today.

"Why not? Because it is one thing to have free immigration to jobs. It is another thing to have free immigration to welfare."

Welfare is our immigration problem. This is worth a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyJIbSgdSE

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfU9Fqah-f4

I don't pick cherries Brute. I believe anyone convicted of 3 felonies should be hung or face the firing squad. Except for a convicted felon carrying a gun, rapist, and murders, they all need to be put down after their first felony conviction. If you make illegal immigration a capital crime punishable by death, there won't be any illegals coming to the US of A.

JSCATTLE":4jo8o2n2 said:
2 or 300 years ago don't apply to today. Just because this is a nation of immigrants doesn't mean you can keep status quo.. times change land fills up etc.. it's time to realize that half of us work and half mooch off the rest.. if you work for the government you don't add to the gdp. Might as well be on welfare.. everyone saying they are here to work etc don't woke with actual illegals . I poured concrete for 15 year and have been under cut on jobs by these people .. they don't pay insurance taxes or workman's comp.. so they do work for half price. I guess no one's been down by the Rio grande . There are mail boxes on the Texas side that the Mexicans cross from Mexico to get their welfare checks ... I'm all for hard working people but don't come over here flying the Mexican flag be nice off cause I won't learn Spanish.. it's America learn English.. u want to speak Spanish and live in crap I wouldn't use as a chicken house .. do that in Mexico
Actually it does apply today as it goes back to our founding principles can't cherry pick there or we get into deeper shyt than we are already in.
Many of the Chinese that built the railroad did the exact same thing as the immigrant today mailing the US dollar home.
Brute hit the nail on the head the blue politicians want to get the vote the red cheap labor, the system LBJ put in place was a destruction course for the country 50 years in the making.
I believe it was Marx that stated take one right and make each generation more dependent on the government within four generations they can no longer function without it.

M-5":fwyzalb1 said:
Why do Americans celebrate a Mexican holiday , I don't understand this. MAybe we should make may 5th the day they are all deported . that's a holiday I could celebrate.

Same reason we celebrate St. Patricks day, an Irish holiday.

I must be the only one that does not celebrate these DAYS. I prefer to stick to AMERICAN holidays like Memorial day , 4th of July, and Labor day. To each its own! I guess these celebrations would be a good place to round up these kind of folks and deport them to the country they are celebrating.

Native Americans would probably like to deport everyone too

Who was here first
Who were the first men in the Americas, how many times has it changed hands

We took from the Indians, so it's our now ?

M-5":1nwdfao5 said:
I must be the only one that does not celebrate these DAYS. I prefer to stick to AMERICAN holidays like Memorial day , 4th of July, and Labor day. To each its own! I guess these celebrations would be a good place to round up these kind of folks and deport them to the country they are celebrating.

You know the secret to pollution is dilution. This Cinco De Mayo I promise you I will give it my best. :cowboy:

I can't solve the problem, but I can cut it by %50. ;-)

Hippie Rancher":3ke19mfr said:
True Grit Farms":3ke19mfr said:
Illegal immigrants don't belong in this country. Without laws we are a lawless country. I'm all for cheap labor and good help. But we need to know who's who in this country. Without that our whole government and freedom is at risk.

It is only a civil offense to cross without papers, and a lot of them ARE on the tax rolls without getting the benefits for it, not to mention the sales and other taxes and economic activity they generate while living here. The subject is not a simple black and white one of "broken laws" or getting papers. Many poor people in Mexico and further south have no way to get papers for here because they have no way to even get them at home. Have you ever experienced a nightmare day at the MVD? Multiply that by 1000 and maybe add in having to travel hundreds of miles and stay for a week or more to get some bureaucratic snafu straightened out. When your income is a few dollars a day or even nothing.

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who
(1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or
(2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or
(3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or
(2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.

And don't forget to take plenty of money to pay bribes to every sob that waits on you. Without it you're SOL.

Latest posts