chute design ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Trying to help my nephew out with his corral and squeeze chute. He has a 40 ft. long and 30 ft. wide barn that I think he should put it in. The barn has a 10 ft. wide alley running right down the middle of the barn long ways dead center in the barn. The alley has about a 9 ft ceiling and each wall on either side is cinder blocks. So, 30 ft. alley that is 10 ft. wide with 9 ft. celing and cinder block walls on either side. Each end is fully open 10 ft. wide with 9 ft. celing. I was thinking put the squeeze chute on either end in the middle so you can get on either side when working them. Ideas appreciated.

Also, can some of y'all post a link to corral designs for up to 50 pairs. Just getting some different ideas for him to go off of and get started.

Just helped the neighbor put in a new pen.
It was a kit from some company had a really nice sweep and headgate.
I got mine off a Canadian Ag website and modified it for 35 head.
Sent you a pm this might not be what your looking for if so just disregard.

I bought mine from w w it is heavy duty panels ,alley, block gates, and squeeze. Took me about a hour to put it together and I love it . All I've ever had was pipe or wood pens . If I get ready to move it I just take it apart and move it . Ill try to take a picture this week .

I would be interested in seeing some designs too for 50 pairs. JSCattle, I really like the way your sounds. Do you have a blueprint for that?

JSCATTLE":v2do85ie said:
I bought mine from w w it is heavy duty panels ,alley, block gates, and squeeze. Took me about a hour to put it together and I love it . All I've ever had was pipe or wood pens . If I get ready to move it I just take it apart and move it . Ill try to take a picture this week .

Can you post a link where I can view what you bought?

tncattle":1qoomy6x said:
Trying to help my nephew out with his corral and squeeze chute. He has a 40 ft. long and 30 ft. wide barn that I think he should put it in. The barn has a 10 ft. wide alley running right down the middle of the barn long ways dead center in the barn. The alley has about a 9 ft ceiling and each wall on either side is cinder blocks. So, 30 ft. alley that is 10 ft. wide with 9 ft. celing and cinder block walls on either side. Each end is fully open 10 ft. wide with 9 ft. celing. I was thinking put the squeeze chute on either end in the middle so you can get on either side when working them. Ideas appreciated.

Also, can some of y'all post a link to corral designs for up to 50 pairs. Just getting some different ideas for him to go off of and get started.

That seems like a waste of a barn in my opinion, but your climate may be different. Pens and alleys go on the outside. Maybe use one side of the barn for an alley, on the outside?

backhoeboogie":2prubfti said:
tncattle":2prubfti said:

That seems like a waste of a barn in my opinion, but your climate may be different. Pens and alleys go on the outside. Maybe use one side of the barn for an alley, on the outside?

Yeah I agree about the barn but it was built and in place so I thought why not try and use it. I was thinking have the squeeze chute inside like that so you can work them in rain and it keeps them and you out of rain or blazing sun in the summer. Pens and most of the alleys would be out side but the last 20 ft. and the squeeze chute would be inside.

I like trap gates in the alley. A long cut gate for seperating and pushing into the pen. A medina gate in the pen with an cute gate on the end. Squeeze on the end of the chute. Once they are out of the squeeze, I am generally done and they go out the end of the squeeze. If not I can let them out the side of the squeeze into a different pen.

You can trap 50 pairs in the main alley. Cut down to 8 or so and push them into the pen with the cut gate. Work those 8 and then go reload the pen and chutes.

If you just need to work on one particular animal, you can trap her in the medina and release everything else. Then release her out of the medina and into the chute then squeeze if need be.

Never paint yourself in the corner. Always design for future options/attachments/expansion. If you are in that barn, you are limited on space.

Crazy calves can come out of calm cows. I am simply to old to fight them anymore. I use gates and a lot of them

JSCATTLE":3awrwj0d said:

That is what I helped my neighbor with.
He set pipe in the ground and I welded brackets for the pins to drop through.
Pretty neat set up. He made it where it is permanent that you can change out a panel or portable.

Latest posts