Christians

Help Support CattleToday:

SSGenetics":307pzcex said:
Well, you just have to wonder about some people. :roll:

Pro-life? Against same sex marriage? What say you Valerie? There will always be one candidate to represent your views closer than the other.

Take the blinders off and like Backhoe said, be informed! :tiphat:

I think that's the problem, I know toooooo much! Those two scare me, both of them.
Valerie

iowa hawkeyes":dxk5khft said:
It's a real conundrum for me. I don't think I will vote for a president this year.

The decision not to vote is not an option! There have been and continue to be hundreds of thousands of Americans that have givin their lives to provide and protect our right to vote. Not to vote dishonors their service and sacrifices. You may not like the choices available, but make a decision and vote. Honor those who fell by marking your ballot!

If you cannot decide for yourself, consider your children. Or your grandchildren. If you got none of them think of your nieces and nephews. Heck think of your friend's kids.

If you got no family and no friends - maybe you got a point about not voting. Maybe you ought to run for office instead.

backhoeboogie":1tkmcbrh said:
If you cannot decide for yourself, consider your children. Or your grandchildren. If you got none of them think of your nieces and nephews. Heck think of your friend's kids.

If you got no family and no friends - maybe you got a point about not voting. Maybe you ought to run for office instead.

Well I used to agree with your line of thinking.
Look where that got us.
A nobody that had never done anything promised everything to everybody .
Everybody voted for the nobody so now everyone has nothing except the nobody.
What is worse is everybody believed the nobody .
Robin and the Pied Piper are real cause Nobody sold himself as Robin Hood in reality all the rat's were following the Piper .

Caustic Burno":2s357ycn said:
backhoeboogie":2s357ycn said:

Well I used to agree with your line of thinking.
Look where that got us.
A nobody that had never done anything promised everything to everybody .
Everybody voted for the nobody so now everyone has nothing except the nobody.
What is worse is everybody believed the nobody .
Robin and the Pied Piper are real cause Nobody sold himself as Robin Hood in reality all the rat's were following the Piper .

We're looking in to that. But.............

vclavin":8tdqobn0 said:
Why is it Democrats are considered non christian and only Republicans have christian values?
I'm Democrat , against abortion and against same sex marriage. I don't get it
Valerie

Valerie i believe you got your answer on the very first post on this thread. My wife thinks she is a democrat too but when questioned she has virtually ALL the same values that i do and i guarantee i am NOT a Democrat.

I think part of my problem is the fact that i was raised by very right wing parents. Our county was 99% republican. I get into arguments with my parents and in laws about this election and i feel bad about it. I lean towards obama because our national secretary of ag is from iowa and a good ag guy. A new president and he would be out. Also, i was raised to believe that mormanism is a cult and as a christian there is absolutely no chance i will vote for him. Zero. And i find it interesting that the die hard repulican christians simply overlook that detail, including my parents and inlaws.

vclavin":17zag0d6 said:
iowa hawkeyes":17zag0d6 said:
It's a real conundrum for me. I don't think I will vote for a president this year.
Same here. I'm tired of voting in chaos!!
Valerie

I agree with those that say you should stay informed, but I strongly disagree with those that say you HAVE to cast a vote for president just because that's what THEY are going to do. Take a look at all the candidates, including the minor party candidates, and then ask yourself one question: Would I feel comfortable wih this person as my president? If the answer is NO for all of them then, by all means, don't vote for any of them. It is your right as an American to NOT cast a vote just as much as it is to cast one. Don't let anyone try to bully or belittle you into doing something you don't feel comfortable doing.

And if you want to vote for someone that has no chance of winning then, by God, do it. I have, and I felt dam good about it. Don't let anyone feed you that crap about it being a wasted vote, either. If you're informed, and you vote your conscience, it's NOT a wasted vote. Freedom is about going your own way, not someone else's.

iowa hawkeyes":pytiqrhl said:
I think part of my problem is the fact that i was raised by very right wing parents. Our county was 99% republican. I get into arguments with my parents and in laws about this election and i feel bad about it. I lean towards obama because our national secretary of ag is from iowa and a good ag guy. A new president and he would be out. Also, i was raised to believe that mormanism is a cult and as a christian there is absolutely no chance i will vote for him. Zero. And i find it interesting that the die hard repulican christians simply overlook that detail, including my parents and inlaws.
That is your criteria? You choose your pres because he appointed someone from Iowa as sec ag? No wonder we wound up with an unknown, community organizer as POTUS.

HOSS":2omojea4 said:
iowa hawkeyes":2omojea4 said:
That is your criteria? You choose your pres because he appointed someone from Iowa as sec ag? No wonder we wound up with an unknown, community organizer as POTUS.

no no no hoss he's going to vote for him to show his parents how smart he is :frowns: i mean after all they just used those conservative values to pay for a farm and raise him but they don't know squat.

BTW the sec of the interior is from Colo and i would like to see him back in the San Louis Valley digging potatoes by hand if i could.

iowa hawkeyes":3kgiqsq4 said:

Way I look at it a Mormon is way better than a Muslim.
Were I get confused is someone who actually work's for a living voted for someone that support's those that don't.
This country can't stay this course and survive.We are at the tipping point now with 50% living off the government.

This "he" is a "she" thank you very much. Sorry my opinion doesn't agree with yours. I never said i voted for obama the first time, i didn't if that makes you feel better. Funny how you seem to think you know me, you don't.

iowa hawkeyes":3piih1yn said:
i was raised to believe that mormanism is a cult and as a christian there is absolutely no chance i will vote for him. Zero. And i find it interesting that the die hard repulican christians simply overlook that detail, including my parents and inlaws.
I mean no offense Punkin Lady in saying the following-
Mormon=The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Jeremia Wright's church=gd America

Probably all of the modern day christian denominations started as what some would call cults.
Seems to me the early christians were certainly a cult.

SSGenetics":19s7sz3t said:
vclavin":19s7sz3t said:
iowa hawkeyes":19s7sz3t said:
Same here. I'm tired of voting in chaos!!
Valerie

Or mad because the democratic nominee sucks? Valerie, you have to choose the lessor of two evils in politics. That's just how it is. Which candidate follows closer to your beliefs and political views? Answer that and go vote!

By choosing that route, both of you are just contributing to the problem... VERY sad. :roll: :bang:
SSGENETICS; a non vote is not contributing to any problem; as a matter of fact, a low voter turn out is one way of sending a message that the two party system is a failure. people who vote for the so-called lessor of two evils are just supporting the present situation but they keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result!

:shock: (This is my opinion, I respect everyone else's opinion as their opinion)

I can sure understand voting for someone that may not win because they support your values.... Not sure that I can understand not voting because someone doesn't fit your thoughts exactly.

Discernment as something to consider here. I hate to hear that we have good citizens that have a tough decision to make and would rather just throw in the towel, then sit down and think about it. It is the tough times that will define you.

I'm trying to shorten my posts but here is my personal illustration: Like many on here, I don't farm full time. Currently, I have a big dilemma. I had a business partner that acted immorally and screwed my life up. So, now I can take a big gamble in our current economy and open a new business (so I can be home every night) and put in tons of hours. I may get by long enough for it to take off, or it may crash and burn. Or I can take a job I have been offered that I didn't apply for and make substantially more than I have in the past few years. Be off 4 days a week, but I have to be gone from home for 3 days.

I don't like either answer. I would rather have a secure, great paying job with a lot of days off and be home every night. But that isn't going to happen. So I'm going to pray for the right answer, use wisdom/discernment, and make a decision.

I hope many of my fellow Americans do the same in November, cause I'm leaning toward taking a gamble on myself.

For me the problem is not the lesser of two evils .but the evil of two lessers. When will either party put forth somene who is a worthy candidate not someone with just their own ego and agenda! Both parties are changing this country into the land of the fee and the home of the slave. We fought the revolution over less taxation without representation. It is time to stop playing games. Our kids and grandkids deserve better.

iowa hawkeyes":21doilyf said:
This "he" is a "she" thank you very much. Sorry my opinion doesn't agree with yours. I never said i voted for obama the first time, i didn't if that makes you feel better. Funny how you seem to think you know me, you don't.

Thats ok if you have a different opinion than me. No problem with that. I was just going off of what you said. You said that you were leaning toward Obama because he appointed someone from Iowa as secretary of ag and that if Obama lost that person would be replaced. All I am saying is that is a VERY shallow reason for voting for somebody. If you like Obama thats fine but maybe a more in-depth thought process is in order when making a decision as important as the president of the united states. There are defense, economic, domestic, social and many other policies that are more important than wether or not the sec ag is from Iowa.

Hawkeye, sorry you're all conflicted over this. I just want to say--since you brought it up--that I'm sadly dissapointed with Vilsack as USDA boss.
When a DC based writer accused rural America of taking subsidies from urban America, the only retort Vilsack could come up with was that "they provide a lot of soldiers".
And recently, this "Meatless Monday" affair on the USDA website was a real disappointment.
I don't want to get down on you, but I sure don't want the man back for four more years at USDA.

Latest posts