Christians

Help Support CattleToday:

CottageFarm":291rvtm9 said:
You would be considered a conservative or moderate democrat. I suspect there are lots of people who call themselves democrats who also agree with your views, however, at the national level, your views have no place (or at least no voice) on the DNC platform. Your party has been hijacked by leftist progressives who really do want to fundamentally change this nation to something completely different than it's ever been in it's history. When the leader of your party said he wanted to "fundatmentally change" the nation, he meant it.
Did people understand what he really had in mind?
Do you feel that the modern Democrat party, especially at the national level, fairly and honestly represents your views and what you believe in? Or do you have difficulty reconcilling your views with the party platform?

I would, respectfully, ask you to reconsider whether you really do still belong to the democrat party

A lot of us were once Democrats, especially in the South. As CF says, the Democratic Party has changed, and not by accident but with considerable effort and thought.

The Blue Dog Democrats kept Republicans honest and their own party true, but they were taken out and shot for some mid-1800's ideas on social justice.

Make two little t-list. On each side list what you are for and against. Then do another t-list and put down what the Democratic Party is for and against. See how they compare.

I don't want to call myself a Republican, and I don't want to call myself a Democrat. I call myself independent. But we have to vote, and most candidates are one or the other. Don't vote party, vote your heart and your brain…

Don't buy the lie….

Watch their eyes.

When a candidate qualifes things with, "We're looking in to that but here's what I think..." He/she does not know. They can go the opposite direction after getting elected by saying, "we looked in to that and decided not to..." Dang near all of them are polished practitioners in double speak.

Even "read my lips" that was straight forward as it gets turned out to be a knife in the back. We paid for it too. Which of course makes all of the career people weary of what they say and that is why they resort to double speak.

Personally, hearing double speak from any politician from any party goes against my grain. So does low blows in the mud slings. The more desperate they get, the worse it gets.

I thought we were ending this thread? :D

I don't want to call myself a Republican, and I don't want to call myself a Democrat. I call myself independent. But we have to vote, and most candidates are one or the other. Don't vote party, vote your heart and your brain…

I agree with you and the only reason i affiliate is to vote in primaries! :tiphat:

vclavin":3nypzxyd said:
Thanks , I appreciate your opinions and input. I still believe the only way to get things back in order is to find a way to let the ones we are voting for understand just how dissatisfied we are at having to vote against candidates instead of for them. I sure wouldn't want to get voted in that way!! Only we can change things and it won't happen by continuing to vote for the lesser evil.
Thanks again,
Blessings ( for those that want it lol)
Valerie

YOU GO GIRL!!!

CottageFarm":1fuxzlrs said:
vclavin":1fuxzlrs said:
Thanks , I appreciate your opinions and input. I still believe the only way to get things back in order is to find a way to let the ones we are voting for understand just how dissatisfied we are at having to vote against candidates instead of for them. I sure wouldn't want to get voted in that way!! Only we can change things and it won't happen by continuing to vote for the lesser evil.
Thanks again,
Valerie

YOU GO GIRL!!!
I second that. :clap:

Well i was glad hear yesterday, that Clint threw his hat with Romney.... after my uncles swore his superbowl commercial was a giving a hidden obama nod

vclavin":35d9jkiq said:
Thanks again,
Valerie

Neither will staying home and pouting on election day... :roll:

Thanks for the blessings!! Well received. :clap:

SSGenetics":6h6rkxtk said:
vclavin":6h6rkxtk said:
Thanks again,
Valerie

Neither will staying home and pouting on election day... :roll:

Thanks for the blessings!! Well received. :clap:

Whose pouting? I'm taking a stand - lol. Writing in a candidate....
Blessings (maybe we'll get rain?)
Valerie