Christians

Help Support CattleToday:

vclavin":umx431v9 said:
Why is it Democrats are considered non christian and only Republicans have christian values?
I'm Democrat , against abortion and against same sex marriage. I don't get it
Valerie
are all liberal's democrats.....are there any left wing republicans... you may be a old school democrat...

You would be considered a conservative or moderate democrat. I suspect there are lots of people who call themselves democrats who also agree with your views, however, at the national level, your views have no place (or at least no voice) on the DNC platform. Your party has been hijacked by leftist progressives who really do want to fundamentally change this nation to something completely different than it's ever been in it's history. When the leader of your party said he wanted to "fundatmentally change" the nation, he meant it.
Did people understand what he really had in mind?
Do you feel that the modern Democrat party, especially at the national level, fairly and honestly represents your views and what you believe in? Or do you have difficulty reconcilling your views with the party platform?

I would, respectfully, ask you to reconsider whether you really do still belong to the democrat party

This county had its first ever republican primary in 1972. 12 people voted. Things are nothing like they are now and the party itself has changed platforms.

They are trying to resolve things. I heard they called together a brain storming session. That is what caused our drought. :D

IMO political parties only allow you to be able to vote in the primaries now days your liberal or conservitive.

CottageFarm":3gjmykka said:
You would be considered a conservative or moderate democrat. I suspect there are lots of people who call themselves democrats who also agree with your views, however, at the national level, your views have no place (or at least no voice) on the DNC platform. Your party has been hijacked by leftist progressives who really do want to fundamentally change this nation to something completely different than it's ever been in it's history. When the leader of your party said he wanted to "fundatmentally change" the nation, he meant it.
Did people understand what he really had in mind?
Do you feel that the modern Democrat party, especially at the national level, fairly and honestly represents your views and what you believe in? Or do you have difficulty reconcilling your views with the party platform?

I would, respectfully, ask you to reconsider whether you really do still belong to the democrat party

Read this post very carefully Valerie..... :tiphat:

our ex congressman went to washington as a democrat,, but came back a republican... he was like a fish out of water up there.... but it did cost him the relection, not from switching to the republican party.. but in trust

Although I was only 10 years old, I remember the Carter/Reagan race very well. I watched every debate, every campaign ad, everything. I ask my mom if we were democrat or republican, to which she said without reservation "WE ARE DEMOCRATS". But I remember being facinated with Reagan. He appeared to have a leadership quality that Carter lacked. When I told my mom I wanted to be a republican, she about fainted. Skip forward 20 years (after 8 years of Clinton) and my mother has taken after me.
I agree with cottagefarm 100%. The democratic party does not contain a trace element of what it was 40 years ago.

In my time I have seen what used to be the democratic party become the republican and what used to be republican become the democrat.

Younger people today have not seen this change taking place and some older people did not understand that it changed.

When I was a kid and even as a young voter, in my neck of the woods you had to be registerd as a democrat in order to vote in local elections. Thankfully that has changed even though some still cling to the old labels.

vclavin":14xbvm9m said:
Why is it Democrats are considered non christian and only Republicans have christian values?
I'm Democrat , against abortion and against same sex marriage. I don't get it
Valerie

It is today's adopted party line.
The democratic party left me not the other way around.
A republican today would be a democrat of my youth that is how far left the country has moved.
The real crux of the problem is Joe a great guy with great value's run's as a democrat once he get's to DC.
He has to tow the party line to stay.
This is true for the republican's as well.
Liberman is a classic example of this as he didn't support the Dem's line on the war.
So they sent a message to the rest they pulled all support for him and ran someone against him for standing up for his value's.
No matter who you vote for they have to toe the party line if they want to stay at the party.

Seems to me both parties are nothing more than liers... where's the Christian in that?
Democrats were for working people or supposed to be and the Republicans represents the big businesses. What a mess!! To be president you have to be one GREAT LIER!! and promise the world, never mind what is possible just promise it anyway. Oh, and do the Christian thing and lie enough about the other guy so much, that you so much better so you can win. Geez
Valerie

vclavin":28hxeo5i said:
Seems to me both parties are nothing more than liers... where's the Christian in that?
Democrats were for working people or supposed to be and the Republicans represents the big businesses. What a mess!! To be president you have to be one GREAT LIER!! and promise the world, never mind what is possible just promise it anyway. Oh, and do the Christian thing and lie enough about the other guy so much, that you so much better so you can win. Geez
Valerie

My poor Valerie you are just now wakeing to the fact that the parties represent two snakes.
The bite of one will kill you and the bite of the other will make you so sick you wish you could die.

Caustic Burno":3imp0w30 said:
vclavin":3imp0w30 said:
Valerie

My poor Valerie you are just now wakeing to the fact that the parties represent two snakes.
The bite of one will kill you and the bite of the other will make you so sick you wish you could die.
And that is why the 2 party system is doomed to fail. Not if but when

Latest posts