Child hood vaccinations

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Jo started a discussion entitled Am slow but I get it now. I think that child hood vaccinations would also be a good one to discuss. I am old enough to remember when the polio vaccine came out. My wife and child and I participated. Any one remember any one living their life in an iron lung. What a life would that be. I have not taken a shingle shot but I suspect that I need to. i do not think that shingles will kill you but can make you miserable enough to wish you were dead. Any way looks like we are going backwards in this world because everyone thinks there is a conspiracy afloat to do us in. Governor Perry tried to force all young girls to have an immunization to protect them from a venereal disease that causes cancer and is with you the rest of your life. Think it is also recommended for young boys also. Gov. Perry caught old billy because of his insistence. Seems as if a leader suggests something there is all kinds of resistance. Do people really have an opinion on these things or is some one twisting their tail and make them believe that everything is a conspiracy. I remember having all of the vaccinations in school lined us up and gave us every shot that was required.

You can drag a calf to water but you can't make it drink. With the shady crap the government pulls these days why would anyone trust them.

At the risk of being ridiculed, most people don't know tht certain vaccines use replicated cells from aborted fetuses from the 60's. One female a one male. Couple that with the fact that the cdc can't control their own deadly viruses much less know where they are or that they even exist, it's no wonder people don't want their kids vaccinated these days

I believe a couple nurses are on this site, and sky can ask his wife about this guardisil, or whatever it is called vaccine. I certainly didn't understand it when the grand girls were with us. I was told it is three shots at certain intervals and over $300 each. The girls moved so I didn't have to deal with it. We did adopt the youngest and she is 6 now, so will be needing this information for the future.

I have great distrust of any government.. and I do believe there are conspiracies.. I think anything mandated and forced on people is going to get a reaction... yes, it could be laced with all sorts of stuff other than the vaccine!.. IS it? I don't think so. I think the heavy handed approach is the wrong way to go about it.. try the carrot before the stick! I mean it's kinda ridiculous to have the freedom to bear arms if you're denied control over what gets injected into your body isn't it? I think vaccinating against deadly or debilitating diseases is a good idea, I've had tetanus shots, and would get vaccinated before travelling to the tropics, but I'm not going to get vaccinated against colds and the flu.. as it is I'm pretty isolated, and catch a cold once every couple years.

I think it is going to be a pretty interesting situation Hurley.

You lived to experience things these young mom's haven't. Anything 40 years ago is ancient history to them, much less anything beyond that. What they've heard is one out of a million people having a bad reaction, and to them that is a bigger threat. Had they experienced what you have, they would probably opt for the vaccine.

They're being right or wrong depends on what happens. GB posted a chart about pertusis. I think the chart is probably too low. When the southern border of Texas was shifted south to Guatemala, I imagine that there are several more "undocumented" cases. I think you will see a situation with TB as well.

We may get to see the laws of epidemiology in action. A herd is relatively safe if it is closed off and a majority (doesn't take all) are immunized. We haven't lived in a true closed population (herd), but we haven't had a bunch of stressed out, unvaccinated kids (think calves) being sent through a detention center (think sell ring) mixed with sick kids- some diseases we haven't seen in a while and then stressed a little more before being mixed in with the general population. Add to this the lack of overall vaccination... some ugly diseases may start rearing their ugly heads with people we all know and love.

If people start becoming affected, vaccination will become more popular.

I may not trust the government but I do trust my doctor and when he says I should vaccinate I do and my failure to would simply be a sign of my laziness or poor parenting.

I remember polio and knew someone with polio as a child. It was horrible.

Just look at the recent discovery of the smallpox at the FDA campus in Maryland. The reason this was there was during the day everyone in the country was immunized and many people did research on the virus and it wasn't as controlled as it is now because everyone was immunized but they stopped immunizing in the 70's. Just think what could have happened had the vial infected someone and smallpox spread across the country again. I'm immunized but very few people are. It would be like the plague. Its a scary thought.

What concerns me is what happens when one of these parents doesn't immunize their child and their child is a carrier for a disease and transmits it to some other child who is too young to be immunized? Would these parents not be responsible for this child's death?

My oldest daughter was caught up in the Rick Perry mandated Gardasil HPV mess. I am by no means an anti vaccination guy. I vaccinate my cattle too.

The whole Gardasil thing was a bit intrusive in my opinion. I understand the need to vaccinate for communicable diseases. It really is a public health concern. However, it's a stretch to compare pertussis, tuberculosis, diphtheria, polio, measles, etc. to HPV. HPV is only transmitted one way and it may help to prevent 70% of cervical cancers and helps to prevent genital warts. That rate is by no means similar to the results of most vaccinations. Personally, I would have liked to wait a couple of years to have the STD talk with my daughter. I did find out that a 12yr girl is mortified by the term genital wart.

Also, I don't think public health was Perry's main motivator. The makers of Gardasil were campaign donors and Perry stood to personally gain financially from the mandate. So my issue was a semi-effective vaccine mandated by a man that's using his office to make laws that make him money.

I'm so glad I live in a free country.

No matter which way you want to go you need to be informed about some things.

Middle east common deadly diseases - polio, small pox, yellow fever, cholera and many more - all on the up swing. Ebola and Plague are now being found again in large numbers as well.

Why? Because they are shooting anyone who vaccinates their kids in the middle east - just lost a colleague in Syria last week who was working with displaced persons as a med tech.

Why is this important to note?

We are bringing these people into our countries - without health checks - as we are "humanitarian" - I will leave it at that - my personal opinions are well known on this issue.

The reportable diseases in the west are on the upswing. In a big way. You need to know that.

As a person who has been vaccinated for everything from sun rise to sunset, and has the little book to prove it, I can assure you that I am still alive and kicking. I could be cut and scraped and dipped in a septic tank and come out smelly but healthy - and in fact I once was - another story about the life in the desert.

No matter what you do - do not listen to "reports and rumours" on web sites. There are many self proclaimed experts, and many who have theories because they have heard ..... and there are many who do not believe it to be worthwhile - and all will expound theory til the cows come home and much of it is crap.

So, no matter what vaccination or medical procedure - talk here is cheap and of opinion for the most part. Even the nurses might have an opinion - but what do we really know about them? Nice folks? Maybe. Well informed? Maybe.

My advice to anyone with vaccination concerns would be as follows:

Discus this issue with your family doctor before you make any decisions today that your kids might regret twenty years from now.

Bez__

Latest posts