Interesting Information on Children and Vaccinations

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
My son was telling me about this today and thought I'd share. I knew it was all BS but I didn't know all this. My son went into much more than this article goes into but the number of children and families this greedy tree hugger harmed is unbelievable. My son was telling me of one family in particular and it was so sad. It horrible that this guy was able to peddle such nonsense about autism and vaccinations and have so many believe him and put their and our children at risk. By all rights I think he should be sentenced to death because the harm he has caused and is still causing is horrific. And all for false fame and a paycheck. Its pathetic.

In February, editors of the Lancet retracted Wakefield's controversial paper, telling the Guardian "It was utterly clear, without any ambiguity at all, that the statements in the paper were utterly false."

http://healthland.time.com/2010/05/24/d ... s-license/

I think I can say I am living proof that vaccinations do not harm you

I looked in my book - some of them I do not even know what they are:

measles
polio
small pox
yellow fever
MMR2/ROR
PPD
meningitis
influenza
hep a
hep b
ipv
g6-pd
tetanus
diptheria
typhoid
rabies
tuberculosis
mumps (I think that is what it says)
cholera
malaria
shingles
japanese encephalitis

And a few more that I could not read due to the book having got wet

So - scratch me all over - throw me in a septic tank - pull me out and hose me down - I probably will not catch anything.

Anyone thinking there is a problem with vaccinations - except in unusual health cases - needs to realize these things have been around for years and only when we avoid them do those horrible diseases return to kill and maim.

Cheers

Somewhere along the line we got to the point that a Playboy Playmate's (Jenny Mcarthy) opinion counted for more than an actual MD's opinion. I've had lots of vaccinations. If it's Saturday night I'll listen to Jenny as long as she wants to talk, assuming she's still drinking and developing beer goggles. But if it's Tuesday, I'm getting my child in for the vaccinations a MD says she should have.

Its amazing how you can still read so much rubbish on the internet about the danger of vaccinations when it all seems to stem from this shyster. Seems like just yesterday I read something about Jim Carrey ranting about California requiring immunizations for children.

The story my son told me about this family is so tragic and sad and so preventable but there is an evil side of me that says "stupidity should be painful" and for that I feel bad because the child didn't have a choice in the matter and its not his fault the parents are stupid.

huge rise in autism since they started giving massive amounts of vaccines to newborn kids. these vaccines are good, but need not be given so much at one time. they need to space them out more.

Before we had our son my wife read a book on vaccinations and the effects they were having on children. That book talked about aluminum, not mercury, amounts found in vaccinations. When a child is given multiple vaccinations, they receive more aluminum than an adult is allowed in a medication. This means that if an adult were to receive that same amount of aluminum it would have to be spread out over a long period of time. What we've done is spread out the vaccinations over time. Our kid will get them all, but not so quickly.

By the way, PPD is not a vaccination. It's a test done to determine if you've had TB. Just thought I'd clarify that.

ddd75":30zg0m03 said:
huge rise in autism since they started giving massive amounts of vaccines to newborn kids. these vaccines are good, but need not be given so much at one time. they need to space them out more.
Do you really want to start down that path? Anybody that can tie their own shoes should understand the ignorance in that statement. We could make the exact same correlation with cell phones, flat screen TVs, or fake boobs.

I think we're on a really slippery slope if people can't choose to get vaccinated or not.. that said, getting your information from Jenny Mcarthy may not be the best choice either

ddd75":3n6kinmm said:
NO.......... Huge rise in the diagnosis of autism that has by coincidence only corresponded to the increase in the types and availability of recommended vaccines for children. Same with ADD or whatever other initials the psychologists have dreamed up to describe make believe conditions that they use to both justify their positions and provide job security, as well as enable lazy and careless parents with an excuse for their poor parenting skills.
I like a good Playboy bunny as much as the next guy, but I've always thought that Jenny McCarthy was a skanky attention seeking media whore. Now she's apparently a moron too.

Luca Brasi":1vmp2zni said:
Now she's apparently a moron too.
Always has been. It was just hard to notice with her jiggling around. Once she put some clothes on and we heard her words, it became more obvious.

By the way, PPD is not a vaccination. It's a test done to determine if you've had TB. Just thought I'd clarify that.
Not exactly........ There is in fact a vaccine for TB that is given in other countries and to some folks in the military traveling to other countries. The PPD test can react "positive" for TB antibodies in your system if you have/had TB, been vaccinated for TB, or have had exposure to someone with TB.
Many health care workers or folks from other countries have positive PPD tests. All it means is they have built antibodies in their system and the test is useless for them. They require a chest X-ray for clearance.

On the note of vaccinations for children, Luca is right. It is only a coincidence that those illnesses were identified about the time vaccines became mandatory. There is no scientific bases for the associated claims.
Parents that believe the rubbish and do not vaccinate their children put every one else at risk. Children are little petrel dishes of germs!! Don't wash their hands well, cough and sneeze all over everyone, share everything from their mouths ect. Ect! World wide epidemics have been eradicated with the help of vaccines. It is against the law for a drunk driver to risk peoples lives, why shouldn't it be a law to keep children from risking peoples lives?

My youngest daughter vaccinated herself for blackleg...... Did it twice so she has had her booster. I have never heard of a person coming down with blackleg but apparently she wasn't going to take a chance.

branguscowgirl":23977mr7 said:
Not exactly........ There is in fact a vaccine for TB that is given in other countries and to some folks in the military traveling to other countries. The PPD test can react "positive" for TB antibodies in your system if you have/had TB, been vaccinated for TB, or have had exposure to someone with TB.
Many health care workers or folks from other countries have positive PPD tests. All it means is they have built antibodies in their system and the test is useless for them. They require a chest X-ray for clearance.
:nod: We saw that during the tb scare on dairies here a few years back. A couple of herds tested positive so somebody decided to check the employees and all of a sudden a couple of dairymen were being blamed for tb getting ready to wipe out humanity as almost every employee tested positive for it and that HAD to have come from the handful of infected cows. Luckily someone whispered in a few ears that each and every positive test employee was somewhat less than native to this area and all of a sudden we went back to tb being just a cow disease that needs to be eradicated even if it means killing a bunch of cows.

branguscowgirl":k1uhac6r said:

Incorrect.

"The PPD skin test is a method used to diagnose silent (latent) tuberculosis (TB) infection. PPD stands for purified protein derivative."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 003839.htm

I've had these before. I also have coworkers from Mexico who have had the TB vaccination. Two different things.

Dave":35oiofrq said:
My youngest daughter vaccinated herself for blackleg...... Did it twice so she has had her booster. I have never heard of a person coming down with blackleg but apparently she wasn't going to take a chance.
I know a guy that just about lost a thumb to blackleg. From looking at the knots on his cows necks I would wager it had as much if not more to do with sanitation as it did vaccine.

An abnormal (positive) result means you have been infected with the bacteria that cause TB. You may need treatment to lower the risk of the disease coming back (reactivation of the disease). A positive skin test does not mean that a person has active TB. More tests must be done to check whether there is active disease.

A small reaction (5 mm of firm swelling at the site) is considered to be positive in people:

Who have HIV
Who have received an organ transplant
Who have a suppressed immune system or are taking steroid therapy (about 15 mg of prednisone per day for 1 month)
Who have been in close contact with a person who has active TB
Who have changes on a chest x-ray that look like past TB
Larger reactions (larger than or equal to 10 mm) are considered positive in:

People with a known negative test in the past 2 years
People with diabetes, kidney failure, or other conditions that increase their chance of getting active TB
Health care workers
Injection drug users
Immigrants who have moved from a country with a high TB rate in the past 5 years
Children under age 4
Infants, children, or adolescents who are exposed to high-risk adults
Students and employees of certain group living settings, such as prisons, nursing homes, and homeless shelters
In people with no known risks of TB, 15 mm or more of firm swelling at the site indicates a positive reaction.

Persons were born outside the United States who have had a vaccine called BCG may have a false-positive test result.
Best out west you left this part out. Lots of people test positive with a PPD that do not, or have ever had TB.
BTW this is a poorly and an inaccurately written article that contradicts itself.

I do sometimes 100 PPD tests on employees per year. Sometimes there are 7 or so positive reactions that are all cleared TB free with chest X-rays. Some are from other countries and have had early exposure and some have been vaccinated as children hence creating false positive results.
All a positive PPD tells us is that the body has built antibodies against the disease, for whatever reason. And there are many.

branguscowgirl":2mnk4wb7 said:
An abnormal (positive) result means you have been infected with the bacteria that cause TB. You may need treatment to lower the risk of the disease coming back (reactivation of the disease). A positive skin test does not mean that a person has active TB. More tests must be done to check whether there is active disease.

A small reaction (5 mm of firm swelling at the site) is considered to be positive in people:

Who have HIV
Who have received an organ transplant
Who have a suppressed immune system or are taking steroid therapy (about 15 mg of prednisone per day for 1 month)
Who have been in close contact with a person who has active TB
Who have changes on a chest x-ray that look like past TB
Larger reactions (larger than or equal to 10 mm) are considered positive in:

People with a known negative test in the past 2 years
People with diabetes, kidney failure, or other conditions that increase their chance of getting active TB
Health care workers
Injection drug users
Immigrants who have moved from a country with a high TB rate in the past 5 years
Children under age 4
Infants, children, or adolescents who are exposed to high-risk adults
Students and employees of certain group living settings, such as prisons, nursing homes, and homeless shelters
In people with no known risks of TB, 15 mm or more of firm swelling at the site indicates a positive reaction.

Persons were born outside the United States who have had a vaccine called BCG may have a false-positive test result.
Best out west you left this part out. Lots of people test positive with a PPD that do not, or have ever had TB.
BTW this is a poorly and an inaccurately written article that contradicts itself.

Bez_ had PPD listed as a vaccination that he had received. I was correcting that portion, stating that it is only a test. I wasn't getting into anything else about false positives or the TB vaccine. :bang:

Bez_ had PPD listed as a vaccination that he had received. I was correcting that portion, stating that it is only a test. I wasn't getting into anything else about false positives or the TB vaccine.
Sorry, I was only "correcting that portion" of your statement that had been,"PPD is a test to determine if you had TB." (Only because you " corrected Bez.)
My point is, it does not "determine" anything. Only one tool to look at. Don't want anyone to panic over a "positive" skin test (PPD) for no reason. ;)