Chicken Litter - First Time

Help Support CattleToday:

See my comment above....how did it turn out?
Sorry, just now seeing this. It is hard to tell to be honest. I haven't tested my hay nor my soil since doing this. I have quite a bit of things going on at my place so I cant say that it was a huge success or anything like that but I can tell you the regrowth after first cutting was considerable more than it ever has been. Once the first few frosts hit and the crabgrass seedheads turned brown I am very excited to see what next years grass is going to look like based on the amount of re-seeding that will take place.

As an added bonus, there is also more fescue and winter annuals growing on the ground where the application took place I will be able to stockpile graze it over the winter which is added bonus for me. Hope this helps.

See
Sorry, just now seeing this. It is hard to tell to be honest. I haven't tested my hay nor my soil since doing this. I have quite a bit of things going on at my place so I cant say that it was a huge success or anything like that but I can tell you the regrowth after first cutting was considerable more than it ever has been. Once the first few frosts hit and the crabgrass seedheads turned brown I am very excited to see what next years grass is going to look like based on the amount of re-seeding that will take place.

As an added bonus, there is also more fescue and winter annuals growing on the ground where the application took place I will be able to stockpile graze it over the winter which is added bonus for me. Hope this helps.
Seeing a difference now?

Latest posts