Chic-Fil-A

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ccr said:
i think somebody on this board invented spicy chicken, but can't remember who.

chic fil a kinda reminds me of walmart made in america before walton died.

I was just going to remind you of that.

bd2b5b00.png

Is the Southern Poverty Law Center Anti-Christian?

If you google that question, you can spend the rest of the day reading. I don't care whether they Are or they Are Not so I didn't and will not waste a lot of time on deciding. I did make this observation: it depends on the leaning of the publication.

One other observation. There is a drastic difference between being Non-Christian and being Anti-Christian. If they are advocating Anti-Any Religion, then some folks are going to be offended. But if they are simply not donating to Christian leaning institutions, that should be no bodies business but theirs.

BTW: this nation is full of people who are Anti-Some Religious Doctrine. Whether it is Islam or Semitism, etc.

Bright Raven said:

If you google that question, you can spend the rest of the day reading. I don't care whether they Are or they Are Not so I didn't and will not waste a lot of time on deciding. I did make this observation: it depends on the leaning of the publication.

One other observation. There is a drastic difference between being Non-Christian and being Anti-Christian. If they are advocating Anti-Any Religion, then some folks are going to be offended. But if they are simply not donating to Christian leaning institutions, that should be no bodies business but theirs.

BTW: this nation is full of people who are Anti-Some Religious Doctrine. Whether it is Islam or Semitism, etc.

That's exactly right. Nothing more anti religion than the religious. Nothing more thinskinned and delicate than someone defending their deity.

callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:

That's exactly right. Nothing more anti religion than the religious. Nothing more thinskinned and delicate than someone defending their deity.

What the h*'ll is the matter with you? You run out of people to fight at the house? :lol: :D ;-)

bball said:
callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:

What the h*'ll is the matter with you? You run out of people to fight at the house? :lol: :D ;-)

Bunch of dam quitters.
Seriously..you don't think what I said is the truth. Or you just don't like hearing it.

Bright Raven said:

The problem lies in that for years Chic-Fil-A played up that they were going to run their stores on Christian values, and the owner even got boycotted by the left because of his beliefs. They were also donating to Salvation Army, and Samaritan's Purse, which are not anti anybody, (unlike the SPLA, which are anti anybody that doesn't believe as they do, or "nazi's" as some would call them.) Now they change their tune and no longer donate to groups that believe in a Biblical sense of marriage, which ironically is what the original founder got boycotted for. Thus a signaling of a change of their values.

If you believe in Capitalism then you would also believe that people can stop spending their money at a place that doesn't agree with them. That is one part of free market capitalism, whether you think it's dumb or not.

Something to ponder: While are the most non-religious people also the most against someone defending their beliefs???

sim.-ang.king said:
Bright Raven said:

The problem lies in that for years Chic-Fil-A played up that they were going to run their stores on Christian values, and the owner even got boycotted by the left because of his beliefs. They were also donating to Salvation Army, and Samaritan's Purse, which are not anti anybody, (unlike the SPLA, which are anti anybody that doesn't believe as they do, or "nazi's" as some would call them.) Now they change their tune and no longer donate to groups that believe in a Biblical sense of marriage, which ironically is what the original founder got boycotted for. Thus a signaling of a change of their values.

If you believe in Capitalism then you would also believe that people can stop spending their money at a place that doesn't agree with them. That is one part of free market capitalism, whether you think it's dumb or not.

Something to ponder: While are the most non-religious people also the most against someone defending their beliefs???

That last paragraph is both speculation and exaggerated.

I couldn't care less about Chick-fil-A. However I'm pretty passionate about my latest project, just another hour and it's go time.

callmefence said:
sim.-ang.king said:
Bright Raven said:

Consider the evidence

HDRider said:
callmefence said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Consider the evidence

Lol. You've got nothing.

Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
Since when is advocating against hate groups (ie nazis) and discrimination anti-Christian?

You need to read up on the far left SPLC!

No need for me to read up on them. I know some of the lawyers there. I admit that some things they do seem to be from the extreme left. But, the majority of what they do deals with hate groups, discrimination, and protecting the poor from unscrupulous big corporations.

callmefence said:
bball said:
callmefence said:

Bunch of dam quitters.
Seriously..you don't think what I said is the truth. Or you just don't like hearing it.

I absolutely do not mind hearing it. It doesn't really pertain to me.
My experience has been that even the most disciplined, rational folks react with an emotional or passionate response when they feel their religious beliefs have been challenged.
In all fairness, I should have asked if you had been in the whiskey before jumping on you about the fighting. :lol2:
Truth be told, I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't believe i have ever had Chik fil A.

bball said:
callmefence said:
bball said:

Bunch of dam quitters.

My experience has been that even the most disciplined, rational folks react with an emotional or passionate response when they feel their religious beliefs have been challenged.
In all fairness, I should have asked if you had been in the whiskey before jumping on you about the fighting. :lol2:
Truth be told, I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't believe i have ever had Chik fil A.

Their pretty darn good. The original sandwich anyway.
Worked today, doing Thanksgiving on Saturday, thanks to one outlier who works on someone's else schedule. So no whiskey.

sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:
sstterry said:
Since when is advocating against hate groups (ie nazis) and discrimination anti-Christian?

No need for me to read up on them. I know some of the lawyers there. I admit that some things they do seem to be from the extreme left. But, the majority of what they do deals with hate groups, discrimination, and protecting the poor from unscrupulous big corporations.

Like Antifa and the New Black Panthers?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
Caustic Burno said:

Like Antifa and the New Black Panthers?
Nothing like that. They handle it through the duly appointed American Courts.

callmefence said:
bball said:
callmefence said:
Bunch of dam quitters.

Their pretty darn good. The original sandwich anyway.
Worked today, doing Thanksgiving on Saturday, thanks to one outlier who works on someone's else schedule. So no whiskey.

Darn, without the drinking what is point in fighting?

My daughter brought her roommate home from college this weekend. I decided to make "Apple Pie Moonshine" (for Christmas Gifts) and directed the girls on how to make it and fill the Mason Jars. I just wonder what my daughter's roommate will tell her Ohio parents when she goes home for Christmas?

I can remember when it didn't matter what side you were on, if you had a good business, people would come, now days , retards and brainless folks can change people's beliefs, got to thank the worthless baby boomers from the 60s and early 70s that were going to change the world, now we have to deal with their retarded kids, and their retarded parents are still on the bandwagon, the biggest anchor this country has had to deal with, Happy Thanksgiving.

haase said:
I can remember when it didn't matter what side you were on, if you had a good business, people would come, now days , retards and brainless folks can change people's beliefs, got to thank the worthless baby boomers from the 60s and early 70s that were going to change the world, now we have to deal with their retarded kids, and their retarded parents are still on the bandwagon, the biggest anchor this country has had to deal with, Happy Thanksgiving.

You would have been one of the retards from the boomers. Its Gen X kids and grandkids we're dealing with today.
The millennials seem to have been raised in alternative universe the boomers grandkids.
The upper end of the boomers is getting close to 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts