Chic-Fil-A

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
haase said:
I can remember when it didn't matter what side you were on, if you had a good business, people would come, now days , retards and brainless folks can change people's beliefs, got to thank the worthless baby boomers from the 60s and early 70s that were going to change the world, now we have to deal with their retarded kids, and their retarded parents are still on the bandwagon, the biggest anchor this country has had to deal with, Happy Thanksgiving.

It still doesn't matter to me "what side you are on". I think the point being missed is whether an individual or institution is pro, anti or just indifferent.

I have a very good friend that I have known since 1980 in Bismarck, ND. At one time he was director of the State's Abandoned Coal Mine Program. He and his wife who both have PhDs are Hindus from India. They have a son and a daughter who both went on to get PhDs. They are a very intelligent and gifted family. We frequently talked about his beliefs. He was not pro-Christian or anti-Christian, he was simply non-Christian.

I have numerous Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints friends. You cannot have lived 30 years in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana and not have been friends with a Latter Day Saint. I have Muslim friends. My maternal side is mostly Protestant. My paternal side is totally Catholic.

When people start pointing fingers at an individual or institution because they are not pro their faith, that is wrong. Religious freedom doesn't just apply to one religion.

Bright Raven said:
haase said:
I can remember when it didn't matter what side you were on, if you had a good business, people would come, now days , retards and brainless folks can change people's beliefs, got to thank the worthless baby boomers from the 60s and early 70s that were going to change the world, now we have to deal with their retarded kids, and their retarded parents are still on the bandwagon, the biggest anchor this country has had to deal with, Happy Thanksgiving.

It still doesn't matter to me "what side you are on". I think the point being missed is whether an individual or institution is pro, anti or just indifferent.

I have a very good friend that I have known since 1980 in Bismarck, ND. At one time he was director of the State's Abandoned Coal Mine Program. He and his wife who both have PhDs are Hindus from India. They have a son and a daughter who both went on to get PhDs. They are a very intelligent and gifted family. We frequently talked about his beliefs. He was not pro-Christian or anti-Christian, he was simply non-Christian.

I have numerous Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints friends. You cannot have lived 30 years in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana and not have been friends with a Latter Day Saint. I have Muslim friends. My maternal side is mostly Protestant. My paternal side is totally Catholic.

When people start pointing fingers at an individual or institution because they are not pro their faith, that is wrong. Religious freedom doesn't just apply to one religion.

Your missing the point Chik fila hung their hat on being a Christian organization period and were unwilling to waver from those beliefs.
They got caught playing both sides and turning their back on who brought them to the dance.

Caustic Burno said:
Bright Raven said:
haase said:

Your missing the point Chik fila hung their hat on being a Christian organization period and were unwilling to waver from those beliefs.
They got caught playing both sides and turning their back on who brought them to the dance.

You are failing the IQ test. ;-)

Just kidding. I think we all know the purpose of corporations is MAKING MONEY. Not philosophy. Do you really think they don't look at demographics? I bet you a heifer, they mitigated their pro-Christian posture because they realize a big part of their market is non-Christian minorities.

callmefence said:
Maybe they'll start opening on Sunday. It would be nice if something good could. come from all this.

Yep. Open on Sunday and close on Saturday to appeal to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Seriously, no one should take anything these cutthroat companies do as MORAL or Immoral. It is only about the dollar.

Bright Raven said:
callmefence said:
Maybe they'll start opening on Sunday. It would be nice if something good could. come from all this.

Yep. Open on Sunday and close on Saturday to appeal to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Seriously, no one should take anything these cutthroat companies do as MORAL or Immoral. It is only about the dollar.

I don't care who they appeal to
I don't go there for redemption or inspiration
I just go for the original chicken sandwich

callmefence said:
Bright Raven said:
callmefence said:

I don't care who they appeal to
I don't go there for redemption or inspiration
I just go for the original chicken sandwich

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never eaten there. I can tell you this, they could change their name to "Devil's Fried Chicken", and I wouldn't care.

BTW. Can you imagine some of the cool advertisements that could arise from that name change?

:deadhorse:

https://www.pewforum.org/fact-sheet/changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/10/17/in-u-s-decline-of-christianity-continues-at-rapid-pace/

Support for gay marriage is rising, even among Christians, and people are becoming less religiously affiliated. They're an international chain; it makes more sense to offend a few Southern Baptists than to offend everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts