check this link out comments and opinions are welcome

Help Support CattleToday:

Pictured as first calf heifers. The Charolais was sold as a calf so she was fed bc the people that bought her showed her.. The polled hereford cow has never had anything but grass and hay. She is pictured right before weaning her first calf. Late in lactation

I don't know CMF, never met him and have never talked to him but I can say he has a good reputation here in Tennessee. Evidently his cattle are working for somebody. You won't make it far here putting out crap. I like those cattle myself. Put a Gelbvieh bull on some of those herd cows and that is money. :)

Thanks guys.. midtncattle we like him alot too. Sold him in last yrs sale to Silas Maxwell at Welcome Grove and kept a semen interest. Wish he was still here to turn out for cleanup. The bull above him has the same momma. 2 of the best bulls I've ever seen in person. They tried to get us to sell their dam in the National Charolais Sale but we couldnt afford to part with her. She's as good of cow as there has ever been here of any color.

CandyMeadowFarms":cvbnplzq said:

is there enough meat in him?

Well if this is the same high octane bull in your sexy catalog then what's your point? He is listed as being bred by JWR LAND & CATTLE CO . Should I post pics of SAV bulls because I bought semen?

Again CMF i ask what is your mature cow size as far as frame and weight go if you dont mind ?

Scroote,
Sure you can, at least he bought the walking bull.. We all post pics of bulls we have bought. Excuse me those of us who actually take pictures post pics of bulls we bought.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the cow patty this morning.

CMF,
58 is nice, sorry to break it to you but that last bull you sold us hasnt broken down, stifled, gotten cancer eye, etc. so we wont need one this year. you might want to quit making them so sound. (joking of course)

Im glad he's held up for you.. Have you calved any daughters of him? If so how were they? Dateline has been walking the pastures here for several years now. No we didnt breed him so I'll post some pictures of some that we bred here that went on to become leading AI sires in the hereford breed all over the world.

You have some good looking Victor cattle got some look to be heavy Mohican bloodline which I really don't care for.
Kinda like the little boy that kissed the calf on the ass everyone to there on taste. That's IMO take that and a buck and a half and you can get a cup of coffee almost anywhere.

Holy crap candy meadow farms i am looking at your catalog just as i have looked at hundreds of others. i am asking what your mature size is in the three breeds of your cattle are on average in regards to frame size and weight so i can equally compare them to everything else i have seem. I would like this because than it helps me compare different peoples breeding of cattle to each others and so i can see what is working for poeple and why expecially people who are not creep feeding or pushing thier bulls or cows and are raising them similiar to commercial cattle. this than helps me set realistic goals to what i would like to see out of my cattle and whose cattle would work in regards to that. than i like to visit those people and see if i am figureing on what thier doing correctly and get knowledge from them about it. that helps me see if thier cattle are even similiar to what i would like to see in my cattle or not.
i like to know the mature frame size and wieght because lets face it 700 lb weaning weight is awsome if you have a 3 frame cow that weights 1000 to 1100 lbs. but if you have a frame 8 cow weighting 16-1700lbs it isnt nothing to brag about. this is why i am asking.
so again could you either tell me or pm me or something as i am asking a seriouse question here. after all this cattle boards is i believe to share some stories maybe help others out with some knowledge and compare cattle and opinions in general not just for showing off your bulls right before your sale.

Lon":ro4de0w5 said:
jscunn":ro4de0w5 said:
Hate to disagree Alacowman, but those Herefords arent what I would call ideal. Females look pretty small, while the bulls look pretty good. All of them could use some pigment and a change in eye set.

CMF,
The guys that throw the biggest rocks at someones pictures, like Scroote, never post pics of their own cattle. I will look at the catalog tonight, I.T. nazis wont allow it at work.

I would disagree with this. I think them herefords are dang close to the cow type i really like to see. They are nice and deep with a smaller mature size. I think they look like the ideal type of cows that are the real range hereford that is easy doing without much pampering, wich is after all one of the reason why alot of range type operations really like hereford cross in thier cattle. Just arguing just difference in opinion.
those few inchs differences in frame ... are nothing compared to the depth they have... and good boned,,, as far as pigment goes, id put a bonnett on their head to get one like that from the neck back

Hey after you answer Lon's question, after 60 years how many proven sires have you raised and used yourself. Also what is your customers breed back on 700 pound milking machine animals in a tough operation? Where you live there is not really any reason for much winter feeding.

Scroote":eyaynmvf said:
Hey after you answer Lon's question, after 60 years how many proven sires have you raised and used yourself. Also what is your customers breed back on 700 pound milking machine animals in a tough operation? Where you live there is not really any reason for much winter feeding.

If a cow is going to be fat, slick, and happy she'll need to eat 2 to 3 percent of her body weight in dry matter daily.

Good marketing coming on here!

The cows look like typical Victor bred cows. I don't particularly like their look, however, I am sure they have a good place in certain breeding programs.

The ANGUS and POLLED HEREFORD cow herd is mainly 5-6 frame cows with alot of depth and volume. I would say they avg. 1250-1350 pounds. Some bigger some smaller... The CHAROLAIS females are between 5.5-6 frame cows and avg. around 1350-1450. We have a few younger females that are a bit more moderate with a ton of body.

thanks for all the likes, views, comments (good and bad), calls, emails, etc. We appreciate your interest and opinions of our program. :D