check this link out comments and opinions are welcome

Help Support CattleToday:

CandyMeadowFarms":iqjtvm2m said:
http://www.reedent.com/midwest/catalogs/cmf/cmf.html
Well thought-out presentation of solid genetics of all breeds represented. More than adequate information available on each lot. Reasonable details regarding shipping expenses.

Good luck with your sale

DOC HARRIS

Look like typical epd bred cattle for today, which inevitably leeds to a homoginized look. Your angus look alright but your Herfs and Char have lost all breed character and ruggedness. Matter of fact, all your cows look to be the same physical build except for hair color. Chars are a terminal breed and yours have lost that look. The Herf cows have a frail milk cow look. Don't look to be grass kind to me.

Of course high falootin numbers and fancy catalogs sell these days. Pick one and make it something worth remembering.

Scroote":1uof8dsi said:
Look like typical epd bred cattle for today, which inevitably leeds to a homoginized look. Your angus look alright but your Herfs and Char have lost all breed character and ruggedness. Matter of fact, all your cows look to be the same physical build except for hair color. Chars are a terminal breed and yours have lost that look. The Herf cows have a frail milk cow look. Don't look to be grass kind to me.

Of course high falootin numbers and fancy catalogs sell these days. Pick one and make it something worth remembering.
it kills me to say this,,, but your right

anyone is welcome to stop in and check our cattle out.. I'd sure like to visit you 2 fellars place and see what yall .have to offer :lol: We've been in business 60 yrs and only use proven sires. Only way to make it in the bull business is repeat customers and 60 yrs is a long time to have cattle that arent the grass kind. Check out the weaning weights on all 3 breeds.. Thats with NO CREEP FEED.. The cows pictured are late in lactation right about the time of weaning a 7-800 pound calf and they havent been fed for pictures.

CandyMeadowFarms":3gkan51g said:
anyone is welcome to stop in and check our cattle out.. I'd sure like to visit you 2 fellars place and see what yall .have to offer :lol: We've been in business 60 yrs and only use proven sires. Only way to make it in the bull business is repeat customers and 60 yrs is a long time to have cattle that arent the grass kind. Check out the weaning weights on all 3 breeds.. Thats with NO CREEP FEED.. The cows pictured are late in lactation right about the time of weaning a 7-800 pound calf and they havent been fed for pictures.
dont be so quick to laugh,, you aint seen my cattle......... yet :cowboy: beside your alot more proud of yours than i am mine

Not trying to add fuel to fire, but show me what you guys think herefords and chars should look like. I am just trying to learn.

I am very proud of the cattle here. I wasnt laughing at your cattle... You haven't seen these either, but everyone has an opinion. Really wish you'd make the trip up here and see em in person. These hereford bulls are thick with alot of dimension. The charolais are full of meat and muscle. Come up for a visit we'd love to have you

Hate to disagree Alacowman, but those Herefords arent what I would call ideal. Females look pretty small, while the bulls look pretty good. All of them could use some pigment and a change in eye set.

CMF,
The guys that throw the biggest rocks at someones pictures, like Scroote, never post pics of their own cattle. I will look at the catalog tonight, I.T. nazis wont allow it at work.

i take it you two are friends,, not my intent to run his cattle down... just not the type i like... dont want to start a Jerry Hambley bash either.. but his is just the type i do like... deep soggy easy fleshing .. the kind that breed back on time, without losing condition

Jscunn check out the picture of Dateline.. His daughters are the best we've calved since we been here. Big middled, very easy doing, and they are pouring the milk with picture perfect udders... I can only imagine some daughters out of the lot 58 bull and those black cows you got.. We've bred that cow to Dateline 4 yrs running hoping for a heifer to replace her.. got all bulls. We may keep an interest in this one bc shes getting old and hes the best D/L son we've had. Shes bred back to Dateline now.. WE GOT OUR FINGERS CROSSED

jscunn":3oodtpef said:
Hate to disagree Alacowman, but those Herefords arent what I would call ideal. Females look pretty small, while the bulls look pretty good. All of them could use some pigment and a change in eye set.

CMF,
The guys that throw the biggest rocks at someones pictures, like Scroote, never post pics of their own cattle. I will look at the catalog tonight, I.T. nazis wont allow it at work.

He asked for an opinion dude! A lot of old gritty cowboys here don't post pics, so what! Thought Knersie told yall to stop back slapping just to be nice. I am not the one playing pimp my auction for free advertising.

Candy don't get all hot and bothered at me, turning beef cows into fleshy holsteins with the bull of the month club ain't too tough. I can do it with a milk cow bull in one generation and save a lot of money from Semen suppliers. Bragging on weaning weights shows your epd one trait selection eventhough most all cowpokes deny it. It's great you have a lot of customers, but real BREEDERS use their own bulls and leave the outcrossing to fly by nighters.
I will say it a gain, no breed character, look at the head shots of three bulls on top of catalog, perfect silhouettes.

If ya dont mind me asking what is the average mature size (frame and weight) of your cattle of each breed?

jscunn":2uzotnya said:

CMF,

I would disagree with this. I think them herefords are dang close to the cow type i really like to see. They are nice and deep with a smaller mature size. I think they look like the ideal type of cows that are the real range hereford that is easy doing without much pampering, wich is after all one of the reason why alot of range type operations really like hereford cross in thier cattle. Just arguing just difference in opinion.

Never met CMF, bought a bull from him thou.

Scrote,
I wasnt the one using the exclaimation points, just trying to explain how certain people work around.

Lon,
That is why America is a great country we can disagree and still have a coke and discuss it.

jscunn":7v53i681 said:
Never met CMF, bought a bull from him thou.

Scrote,
I wasnt the one using the exclaimation points, just trying to explain how certain people work around.

Lon,
That is why America is a great country we can disagree and still have a coke and discuss it

yes sir i will agree this is one of the reasons. not to mention we can both act like adults and not get upset that someone disagrees with what we believe.

Latest posts