Check out this Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
NO! NO! Ain't gonna tell you this is the neighbors bull :oops:
It's mine, :shock:
This guy is 16 1/2 months old. With 20 cows since June 1'st. I'm thinking his job is done.
His problems are NOT growth. No creep for this guy, Wintered on grass hay and corn silage.
I believe he weighed around 1350 when he went out with the cows, he hasn't lost anything, gained some frame.
He is from a Char cow and Reg Angus. SO WHAT RIGHT?
I saved him to save money. :cowboy:
His birthweight should be fine, mid 80's
Really does like his job. 8)
So what should I do with him?
Sell him, take a hunting trip or what?
HEY! don't hold back :welcome: I'll get back at YA. ;-)

P1010064-3.jpg

Alittle light boned for a Char cross isnt he . You are going to get told that he isnt black and so on and so forth you know. :) Not bad.

JHH":t5vyg6jy said:
Alittle light boned for a Char cross isnt he . You are going to get told that he isnt black and so on and so forth you know. :) Not bad.

I thought this about the bone as well. I just wonder that by using an F1 bull how consistent the calves will be. What cows did you put him over?

His nutz are apparently big enough. :nod: I don't have a rear pic of him but can get one.
He is with 8 Charolais cows and 12 Black Angus.
I see this herd almost daily. He impressed me by the way he unloaded and went right to work. About day seven 3 cows in heat. I watched, see what would happen. He handled the situation like a 4 year old. Bred a cow and didn't waste any more time on her and on to the next. These cows did not come back around.

I hadn't planned on Wintering him, use him and sell him.
His disposition is as good as it can get. Trouble is won't see the calves till March.
The calves with the Char cows will be white and those from the BA will be black. 3/4 black should throw most black, maybe get a couple smokes. Should fit in with the other calves.

Drop him off at my place in Tennessee if you're coming through this way. I have a group of beefy Longhorn cows that I want to use a Char bull on. He would be just fine. I don't care that he's not black and would hope that he wouldn't throw black calves for me. I say he looks pretty good for his age.

Latest posts