Charolais?

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
Thinking about trying a Charolais bull on part of the cowherd for the 2007 breeding season anybody know of any bloodlines in the breed that have a reputation for calving ease and making good replacement females.

The Charolais will definitely add a ton of muscle and growth to your cattle. The only disadvantage which you obviously know is their birth weight issue. I noticed that someone reccomended Wyoming Wind for calving ease and I havent heard anything about hime being classified. However, a bull that we have used on our heifers is called LHD Cougar L105. You can buy his semen online at http://www.dismukesranch.com. There are also some other bulls on that site but I'm not exactly sure which other ones are suggested for calving ease. I hope this helps. Windfall is also another good bull but I am unsure of his calving ease status. He was raised by Swegle Creek and you can get semen from most major distributors.

funny thing is we dont have calving problems with them only red angus bulls lol we have to pull with the jacks

Proverbs 12:10":3r5n89et said:
How about Baldridge Kojack...anybody used him? I was interested in breeding him to some of our longhorn cows.

Small calves. Not much growth. Sometimes wooly.

Wyoming Wind, My son bought one of his sons, n today has heifers, n some second, n third calvers from him, which most were bred back to another Charolais bull, n had no trouble calving, and produce good milk. Some of his calves which he didn't register any of them, look and work as good as any registered cows anywhere. Good luck. Merry Christmas n Happy New Year to all.

tryinhard

Happy Holidays and thanks for the replies a local breeder is having his annual Charolais and Angus bull sale in February and has some Wyoming Wind sons listed if the price isn't too high I may be able to bring one home.

they are big time in canada not sure about the us the stardust bull i think won the royal and we got cheap semen when he was a test bull for 15 a pop now its way up there threw amazing calves same with neon

gertman":2ql43dmp said:
Happy Holidays and thanks for the replies a local breeder is having his annual Charolais and Angus bull sale in February and has some Wyoming Wind sons listed if the price isn't too high I may be able to bring one home.

There won't be many chances to get another WW son. He's dead and there is no semen left. I've been offered $250 each for the 10 straws I have left.

How about the Rio Blanco sons?

link:

http://www.bovine-elite.com/charepd.asp?ID=61

MikeC":3bs0zrt8 said:
gertman":3bs0zrt8 said:

There won't be many chances to get another WW son. He's dead and there is no semen left. I've been offered $250 each for the 10 straws I have left.

How about the Rio Blanco sons?
No Rio Blanco sons I noticed some Kojack sons though.

link:

http://www.bovine-elite.com/charepd.asp?ID=61

Wyoming Wind semen isn't very cheap. But I agree with the others about him being a low BW and good replacements. Kojack calves are relitive small at birth just watch the dams birth weight. Eatons Charolais has several good bulls and the calves I have got out of them were small at birth and excellent growth. ASC Eliminator is low BW and good milk. heard his feet are not the best though.

Latest posts