Charolais Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

rla442

Reaction score
Slow day at work so I thought I would try and figure out how to post pictures and get some comments on my bull. Hopefully he doesn't get torn up to much.
He's one I bought off craigslist when he was only 8 months old. Sire is Bluegrass. Around where I live, it's hard to find a Charolais and seems like less and less cattle in general so I dont have a lot to compare him to in way of other Charolais bulls. He's in with Charolais, Char/cross and a couple hereford cows. So far 3 calves (2 heifers & 1 bull) and all look good with the only the bull calf needing pulled.
Image07312013173013.jpg

Image07312013173226.jpg

Image08072013200345.jpg

These are some of the pictures the owner sent me when I responded to his craigslist ad back in 2010.
DSCN1905resz.jpg

DSCN1900resz.jpg

Good looking bull! And off of Craigslist to boot. Do you know how old he was in the pics of him as a calf?

He's about 20' long ain't he?

Good looking bull, beats my old Charolais by a mile and looks like you grew him right too.

Alan":29z9qibn said:
Good looking bull! And off of Craigslist to boot. Do you know how old he was in the pics of him as a calf?

I don't know how old he was in the calf pictures. He was about 6 months old when I picked him up and he was huge at 6 months.

Best bull we've raised in a while has been a Bluegrass 1/2 blood son.

Gonna use some more of him.

Sizmic

I really wouldn't care if he was easy to get along with at all..he sure looks ready to go to work! Looks like a really good find!

Before I bought him I was researching for info on Bluegrass bull and this is what lead me to this site. At the time it was 50/50 on whether Bluegrass was a good sire due to calving issues. I took a gamble and bought him and so far I'm happy with him.

He's really calm, but I don't trust him for a second. He's huge and he gives you an eye that just makes you feel weary inside when your around him.

Latest posts