Charolais Bull - Cresus

Help Support CattleToday:

Thank you all for your comments.
I just wanted to see you opinions on this bull.
I dont think ill use him though. I know i need
to breed my heifer with someone who will improve her calves in areas that
she lacks greatness.
Ive also decided against breeding her with a blonde too much muscle seeing as Chars are already,
very muscular for right now if i ever cross her with somthing it'll more than likely be a black angus.
Lean muscle from char + marbling from the black angus= good steer/ good eating.

ALACOWMAN":1qszttyg said:
Caustic Burno":1qszttyg said:
I still have nightmares on the first Char bull we dealt with. I wore out a set of chains pulling pallet headed calves.
We were stupid back then never even heard of an epd. That huge headed thing was a trainwreck looking to happen on those 800 pound salt grass cows.
alot of folks did the same,, thats what put the stereotype of cowkillers on em

That was in the past... Charolais breeders have done tremendous work to lower the BW... And keep the WW up. The Charolais bulls are doing a great job on the Angus based cows... Producing some great feeder cattle that also hang a great carcass....

Gabby: Look at the BHD Reality bull... He is producing some of the cleanest calves.. A lot of them are showing... The are long and thick.... I really think he would complement your heifer well...

gabbyellepaige":23aag1v2 said:
if i ever cross her with somthing it'll more than likely be a black angus.
Lean muscle from char + marbling from the black angus= good steer/ good eating.
High demand too from the feedlots. I sold two F1 steers last week 7 months old, 7 weights, near $1000 each at the weekly sale. Can't beat that cross with a stick.

deenranch":3czkzra8 said:
ALACOWMAN":3czkzra8 said:
Caustic Burno":3czkzra8 said:
I still have nightmares on the first Char bull we dealt with. I wore out a set of chains pulling pallet headed calves.
We were stupid back then never even heard of an epd. That huge headed thing was a trainwreck looking to happen on those 800 pound salt grass cows.
alot of folks did the same,, thats what put the stereotype of cowkillers on em

That was in the past... Charolais breeders have done tremendous work to lower the BW... And keep the WW up. The Charolais bulls are doing a great job on the Angus based cows... Producing some great feeder cattle that also hang a great carcass....

Gabby: Look at the BHD Reality bull... He is producing some of the cleanest calves.. A lot of them are showing... The are long and thick.... I really think he would complement your heifer well...
:nod:

tsmaxx47":p6uig1td said:
i missed that knersie, where did you see an overstep?

Watch where his rear feet steps in relation to where his front feet were. (Unless its a regional difference in terminology again?)

Latest posts