Charolais Attributes

Help Support CattleToday:

Like We All Can Agree There Is Good And Bad To Any Breed BUT I Have Found That Like Any Other Breed With Time Charolais Can Be Just As Tame As Angus Or Hereford, There Are Great Charolais Cows With Great Udders , Bulls Add LBS. To Calves = More Money, #1 Cross For Any Breed That Needs Larger Frame Score, With Proper Rules Calving Problems Can Be Slim To NONE. CHAROLAIS ARE A GREAT OVER ALL BREED

We've run charlois bulls over our herf.x cows for years and have had great success. The bulls are not overly hard to handle. We have several real nice lbw herf bulls we cover the heifers with. I have kept quite a few of the char x herf cows and they have lovely calves that wean really heavy so they are $ makers in my book and they're just as good of mommas. I have to agree that the english ie.herfs give them quiet dispositions and ease of handling. The bulls are the only PB chars we've had and they don't cause any more trouble than any of the other bulls - we've occasionally had some "wilder" calves but the wean weight makes it worth any possible drawbacks. I've tried crossing the char x herf cows back to a couple of really nice herf bulls and so far I love the 1/4 char cross calves. And most of them have that nice red color for those who think coat color affects sale price?

Latest posts