Celente Predicts Super Depression in 2012

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":uyrmuac7 said:
but that the banks owned another 7 million vacant homes that they are holding OFF the market which will be listed in coming months.

"Phantom" properties. The banks are sitting on a lot of property that they are not dumping on the market in order to try to get the prices back up. This party hasn't even begun yet....

I thought this rally was going to be short lived. But I am re-thinking that. Maybe it will go on for some time and really suck people back in trying to make up their losses. And then KABOOM.

Ryder":2wrk6qf0 said:
I thought this rally was going to be short lived. But I am re-thinking that. Maybe it will go on for some time and really suck people back in trying to make up their losses. And then KABOOM.

That is why I try to play the edges because I hate to get stuck in the middle. I have learned to be patient. While the markets keep driving higher, I am not making anything because I am liquid. So, the higher she goes, the better chance I will have on a short side.

grannysoo":1mhpp4as said:
The bull is back! If you don't believe it, turn on the radio or the tv, and you'll find the recession is over and America is back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now.... read this:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-ne ... 2009-08-11

I am smarter than the masses because I have sixth grade education instead of fifth grade education. :santa: :santa: :santa:

grannysoo":3g0bgygi said:
HerefordSire":3g0bgygi said:
I am smarter than the masses because I have sixth grade education instead of fifth grade education. :santa: :santa: :santa:

So you're not one of the sheeple?

No. I do the opposite of the sheeple. Reminds me of a story when I was growing up. A friend of mine's family raised sheep. We used to kid him about taking the sheep in the hayloft, etc., etc. ever heard that one?

Yep, everything is back to normal and all is well with the world.

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2009/08 ... _7_pe.html

"Foreclosure filings were up 32 percent from the same month last year, RealtyTrac Inc. said Thursday. More than 360,000 households, or one in every 355 homes, received a foreclosure-related notice, such as a notice of default or trustee's sale. That's the highest monthly level since the foreclosure-listing firm began publishing the data more than four years ago."

HerefordSire":fbso0ty1 said:
No. I do the opposite of the sheeple. Reminds me of a story when I was growing up. A friend of mine's family raised sheep. We used to kid him about taking the sheep in the hayloft, etc., etc. ever heard that one?

Haven't heard of a sheep being taken to the hayloft, but I have heard of an especially pretty one that was tied to a bumper..... :mrgreen:

grannysoo":2laa2bgm said:
HerefordSire":2laa2bgm said:

Haven't heard of a sheep being taken to the hayloft, but I have heard of an especially pretty one that was tied to a bumper..... :mrgreen:

To make a long story short, sheep will not fall off the edge of a hayloft if they are pushed. It is like a cat landing on their feet.

:santa: :mrgreen: :cboy:

Best of the Best: Today's Top Investment Ideas
Tech talk from Elliott Wave Digg It!
Friday, 21 August 2009
"The stock market has now fulfilled our forecast made in February for a rise to 9,000-10,000," says Robert Prechter. In The Elliott Wave Theorist, he now sees increasing risk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Banking turnarounds: Rebound in regionals?"The rally in the S&P since March has been one of the faster ever, rising 50% in five months, and rapidly carrying the S&P to the lower end of our general target zone of 1000-1100.

"At the same time, optimism has finally reached 'Primary degree' levels. The daily sentiment index recently reported 88% bulls among S&P traders, a reading equal to that on October 9, 2007, the top day of the 'Cycle B wave' when the Dow made its all-time closing high of 14,164.

"Higher readings are possible, but we are no longer compelled to wait. In falling from 14,198 to 6470, the Primary wave covered a large amount of territory: 7728 points. The Fibonacci 3/8 retracement level is 9368, while a 5/8 retracement would carry to 11,300.

"The Dow has essentially achieved the first of these retracements levels. Indeed, at this point, the Dow has also achieved a Fibonacci 3/8 retracement, creating a Fibonacci 50% gain in a Fibonacci 5 months. It would be a nice place for the rally to stop.

"Given that stocks remain in the largest-degree bear market in nearly 300 years, it is not a good idea to bet inordinately on the upside. We should not ask more of the 'stock market gods' than they have already granted us.

"The prudent thing to do is return to a bearish stance now that prices have reached the first Fibonacci retracement level. Investors should continue to keep the bulk of their wealth in case and the safest possible cash equivalents, in the safest institutions.

"If you actively invest in the stock market with money you can afford to lose, it's time to return to the short side. It may be early in terms of both bime and price, but that's the cost of insuring that don't miss profiting in the next wave down."

Adens: Assessing the major trends Digg It!
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
"Some August weakness wouldn't be abnormal and should be viewed as a great buying opportunity," say Pamela and Mary Anne Aden in their top-notch advisory, The Aden Forecast
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Banking turnarounds: Rebound in regionals?"One thing is pretty clear: most markets are overbought for the time being, but in the bigger picture they're clearly oversold (in an area that normally coincides with major market bottoms).

"The stock market's major trend is clearly up, signaling stocks are going to rise further in the months ahead, and probably beyond.

"This secular bull market was also confirmed by Richard Russell's Dow Theory when the Dow Transportations surpassed their June high late last week.

"For now, the market will remain very strong above the following levels: Dow Industrials 8550, Dow Transports 3300 and Nasdaq 1850.

"We recently recommended buying new stock positions in PowerShares QQQ (NASDAQ: QQQQ), iShares S&P North America Technology (NYSE: IGM) and iShares S&P Global Technology (NYSE: IXN).

"Meanwhile, gold and silver are not overbought and the 'C rise' is still underway. August is another seasonally slow month for gold, so if we have more sluggishness it could be this month.

"Gold has support at $920; let's see if it holds. Silver has support at $12.65. We recommend keeping your positions. We are set for the next wave up. Meanwhile, even though oil has come down, it's firm and solid above $60, and it has great potential."

-

From the above two articles, take your pick. The market is going up, down or sideways. Both sources are very good. Differences of opinion are what make markets.

Whichever way you choose, that is what the stop-loss is for.

I'm hoping for sidways for a while---give everyone a chance to catch a breath.

Will it? Probably, until the "get out now" buttons are hit or some idiot does something stupid.

Everyone recovered from the October "surprise"?

Latest posts