Caustic Norris

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya know this board I think is a lot like listening to the fellas in the Feed Store sit and talk, except they are usually a lot more polite about it. I think no one should type anything they would not speak in public face to face. just my 2 cents. I do enjoy this board, and have gotten some good info here.

Jake":3jurvetr said:
I'm gunna resurface this and tell all ya'll what I've been itching to say for months...

I can't much stand reading the boards anymore, so full of SOBs and wannabees that buy a bottle calf twice a year and claim they have the answers to all of the cattle industries problems. THERE AIN'T A SINGLE ONE OF US THAT KNOWS 100% WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BEZ, CAMP, AND CAUSTIC INCLUDED. Every region is different, every set up is different and even though Caustic may have invented dirt it doesn't mean he knows everything there is to know about cattle I'm sure he'll tell ya that he don't know everything. There is AN EXTREME amount of info lost on these boards because of extremely intelligent folks that are cow savvy on here not posting because they dont' wanna fight the morons and know-it-alls to rebutt what they know is right... It's a total crock and the reason that I spend more time on Ranchers.net nowadays instead of here......

Stepping down
Jake :mad:
very true,
there are some very knowledgable folks on here and i enjoy reading their informitive posts but by the same token there are a few knowledgable folks that think they own the board therefore can get by with anything including but not limited to
threats and false accusations "the SCHOOL YARD bullies" who
hide when confronted and asked to provide proof :shock:
no caustic i am not referring to you, :D

lakading":36o9cl0x said:
Jake":36o9cl0x said:
that's understood Texan there are enough of you that know what your talking about and enough that think they know that I can just keep on checking my PMs and keeping busy with other things, chasing girls is a lot more fun that this BS is anymore.

Wadaya do if ya catch one? ;-)

That's for me to know and all ya'll not to know.... ;-)

Dear Dear Jake,

I assume you are fairly young. Don't get your bloomers in such a twist. As you get a little older you should realize a lot, and probably most, of the things that you read and upset you will roll off your back and some will actually make you think about something that you might otherwise not think of which will also in turn change your perspective on a matter. So chill out and continue to read and contribute. There is no need to get testy.

And I do agree with you, chasing girls is more fun than this, and actully more fun than anything else I know of, other than actually catching one!!!

jw":3ntbg6x1 said:
Dear Dear Jake,

I assume you are fairly young. Don't get your bloomers in such a twist. As you get a little older you should realize a lot, and probably most, of the things that you read and upset you will roll off your back and some will actually make you think about something that you might otherwise not think of which will also in turn change your perspective on a matter. So chill out and continue to read and contribute. There is no need to get testy.

And I do agree with you, chasing girls is more fun than this, and actully more fun than anything else I know of, other than actually catching one!!!
Jake is young but does that boy have some knowledge. The comment about not getting his bloomers in a twist does not apply to Jake. He is one of the more mature ones on here. Instead of whining and picking fights like some, he stepped back and decided what fights were worth it. His posting here is evidence that he is still in touch with what is happening here. He just behaves better than some. He can give great advice but doesn't get so petty that he tries to force you to take his advice. Personally, he is missed.

Farmhand":2nbmd0qu said:
norriscathy":2nbmd0qu said:
lakading":2nbmd0qu said:
chasing girls.... :lol: .

Is this high school?

I think Jr High is more appropriate!
Wow. Now look who's talkin'
Jake, You and I have spoken several times, and you know the belief I have in you.You're a fine young Man, that I know will be going places. ;-)

frenchie":30g6phoe said:
Farmhand":30g6phoe said:
Jake is young but does that boy have some knowledge. .

He is a fine young man..that I believe will go places in what ever he chooses to do.

I would have to agree, Frenchie. I truly hope he will reconsider.

there is really no reconsidering for me now ya'll it's kind of a set deal. I come on to make sure all my friends on here are well behaved and it is much because of people such as norriscathy or w/e that I'm so sick of it. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean that I don't quite possibly know just as much or MORE than you... not gunna fight, it just pisses me off and I dont' need it when I can be spending my time on better things. the days of intelligent conversation left and there is no point on reading through 20 posts of BS to get to one that is worth reading.

Jake":1ezqg1z6 said:
there is really no reconsidering for me now ya'll it's kind of a set deal. I come on to make sure all my friends on here are well behaved and it is much because of people such as norriscathy or w/e that I'm so sick of it. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean that I don't quite possibly know just as much or MORE than you... not gunna fight, it just be nice me off and I dont' need it when I can be spending my time on better things. the days of intelligent conversation left and there is no point on reading through 20 posts of BS to get to one that is worth reading.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Jake, but I do understand. You will be missed - and not only by me. I wish you the best and I have no doubt that you will go far in life. You're a fine young man with a good head on your shoulders. Take care!

Jake":2r3if0ru said:
there is really no reconsidering for me now ya'll it's kind of a set deal. I come on to make sure all my friends on here are well behaved and it is much because of people such as norriscathy or w/e that I'm so sick of it. Just because I'm 17 doesn't mean that I don't quite possibly know just as much or MORE than you... not gunna fight, it just be nice me off and I dont' need it when I can be spending my time on better things. the days of intelligent conversation left and there is no point on reading through 20 posts of BS to get to one that is worth reading.

Never knew you were 17! I always thought you were one of the old time guys like Caustic, Texan, Dun (not to leave any out). You are for sure wise beyond your years.

I'm another one that will miss you. Don't forget there are some good ones here too, ok? Can understand your position but remember - the door's always open if you have time for an occassional visit. I personally would be interested in hearing how your college studies turn out. You know where to find us. :D

jake do not let the "KNOWIT" ALL bullies run you off!
you need to remember you are twice the person they are! as you do not need to spout your knowledge and make great assumptions!
hang in there son!! there are a lot of us that respect you more so than we respect those other hotshots that only know how to insult! and run for cover when confronted :D

memanpa":5uc06km0 said:
jake do not let the "KNOWIT" ALL bullies run you off!
you need to remember you are twice the person they are! as you do not need to spout your knowledge and make great assumptions!
hang in there son!! there are a lot of us that respect you more so than we respect those other hotshots that only know how to insult! and run for cover when confronted :D

I've just got enough on my plate right now memanpa that I don't have time to fight the dipsticks, I'm not leaving for good, I'll check in to talk with the few good folks that I've met and to keep all ya'll in line every once in a while, but it isn't worth fighting the BS to have an intelligent conversation about cattle. That's what I miss most about the way the boards used to be.

Latest posts