Caustic Norris

Help Support CattleToday:

norriscathy":2yylwgkn said:
Texan":2yylwgkn said:
norriscathy":2yylwgkn said:
At this point I really don't care who gets hot. I'm just tired of the people on this board who want some good information getting a bunch of BS from people that don't have a clue what they're talking about.
I see your point and I don't disagree with you. But maybe you could give us a list of those people that don't have a clue instead of just listing the three experts? :lol:

I've left plenty of room for each person to deceide which shoe
fits them. Interesting to see how they react.

Norris

I read all these posts and tried my best to stay out. But the same question keeps coming back. NC who asked? If you don't like these people why are you wasting your time arguing. Is this proving anything you beleive? Is any of it going to change your mind or theirs? Don't flatter yourself with list of who's who.

Scotty

norriscathy":3tu134a0 said:
Crowderfarms":3tu134a0 said:
CN, You were on your "High Horse" way before I used the word "Ridiculous".Go feed your Cows, they aint' ate since last week. THATS Ridiculous! Who's the amateur here? It sure isn't me.

You really don't have a clue, do you? This really "Ned and the First Grade Reader" but I'll try again. 2-n-1 is not a feed; it is a 28% protein supplement. If I want my cows to have an extra 1/2 pound of protein a day I will feed them 2#'s of 2-n-1 per day or 14#'s per week. They will NOT eat 14#'s in one day, the salt limits their comsumption to 3#'s per day. You can put out a full weeks worth at one time and it doesn't matter if they finish a day or two early. They still have plenty of hay to eat. Read Burno's post; you might learn something. I just really can't believe that this is so strange to so many people, it has been common knowledge for a century or better.
We used to make this mix when I worked at a feed mill working my way through college twenty some-odd years ago. Cottonseed mill won't hurt a bull's fertility. Whole cottonseed will cause fertility problems, however, in bulls. NC, I've heard of what you're talking about, but you did do a grave disservice to a lot of good men and women who participate on this board. Most of us are not full time, but we do have some cow sense and you better grow some thick hide quick!

I am just glad to see I am part of the Majority on the board, all along I looked up to most of you and now I find out I am just like 90% of you :)

I could tell Norris was getting a little antsy when no one would give a response to his/her Tub comment. Then he/her kept posting more about it till the responses came.

Information is information does not matter where it comes from, nice thing about this board is that if someone really gives serious wrong advice, the more experienced ones on here will correct us.

Sometimes we argue over opinions such as year round calving vs. Shorter Calving seasons and lots of times these can not end with an answer of exact. But if someone says feed your Cow Dog food, someone will make sure us 90 percentile are corrected and I am sure the one asking the question will be able to discern the correct answer. If not they should not be worrying about raising cattle.

As much as I have butted heads with Caustic, I think you are doing him a disservice using his name with yours.

let me see if i understand this!
99% of the posters that give advice are imposters!
those of us that ask for advice should listen only to the 1% that are not imposters!
only 1% of those who post any kind of advice on this board are qualified to do so!
NORRIS please do all of us wanna be's hobbiests etc a big favor and tell us which are the ones we should listen to when asking advice!!
is your name on the short list? isn't that sort of self serving if it is ?
not sure about the rest of us DUMMIES but some of the best
advice i have gotten is reading all of the posts regarding a subject i was interested in and weighing it in my own mind, not by the SUPPOSED knowledge of the posters!
not all of us know all the answers but as a COLLECTIVE GROUP
and taking all of the posts and disecting them WE are able to
be knowlegable as a group not as a person

sorry to burst your bubble but when you float like a butterfly most likely you do not have the capicity to sting
jmho

Beefy":29v8gjic said:
I would imagine that everyone on here has or will have a mental list of go-to guys/gals for advice, good ol' boys/gals, personalities that they get along with, personalities they clash with, people who dont know what they are talking about, up-and-comers, flat out green people, people that should have been banned, people that should have been banded, fruitcakes, etc. Different strokes for differnt folks. who really cares? thats life.

I agree wholeheartedly with Beefy. I've never claimed to be an "expert" and will be the first to tell you I've learned a lot of useful things from the people here. I really appreciate the willingness of everyone to offer up their advice, no matter if they have 1 cow or 1000. You can learn something from everyone you meet, you just have to keep an open mind. Life's too short to be closed-minded. Also, life's too short to let everyone get you riled up over a simple discussion or a joke, basically what I'm saying here is "Don't get your panties in a wad!"

cfpinz

Sounds to me like we all need to agree to disagree. One thing we all have in common is our interest in livestock and the life that goes along with raising livestock. How we feed, the breeds we choose to keep, how and when we market - all decisions we make according to regional factors. (Like when someone posts their prize winning animal - it may work in your area, probably not gonna work in my area. Same way with feed, folks in Texas paying $80/roll - I have 3 in the back of the stocktrailer that I got for $12/roll. It's a regional thing.)

Beefy":kcvgp0zd said:
cypressfarms":kcvgp0zd said:
And a person to not be one of the apparently 3 wise men, (Well, two men and a woman.) I can see some people getting offended. Take Beefy for example, who does a better job of him at detailing his expenses and calculating every cost?

LOL. thanks Cypress, but it takes a little more to offend me than being excluded from someones list on here, mostly because other people's opinions matter very little to me. that might sound bad but i dont care. I am guru. hear me roar.

I would imagine that everyone on here has or will have a mental list of go-to guys/gals for advice, good ol' boys/gals, personalities that they get along with, personalities they clash with, people who dont know what they are talking about, up-and-comers, flat out green people, people that should have been banned, people that should have been banded, fruitcakes, etc. Different strokes for differnt folks. who really cares? thats life. i still say protein tubs are for rich people.
People that should have been banded line is the funniest thing I've seen on these Boards yet. Congrats Beefy. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullbuyer":wa1wwonr said:
Sounds to me like we all need to agree to disagree. One thing we all have in common is our interest in livestock and the life that goes along with raising livestock. How we feed, the breeds we choose to keep, how and when we market - all decisions we make according to regional factors. (Like when someone posts their prize winning animal - it may work in your area, probably not gonna work in my area. Same way with feed, folks in Texas paying $80/roll - I have 3 in the back of the stocktrailer that I got for $12/roll. It's a regional thing.)

Bullbuyer, I think you may have earned a spot on the "short list" with such an insightful post. Isn't is funny that such tidbits of common sense sometimes need to be spelled out. Anyway, well said!!!

Bullbuyer":2q1mohvv said:
im sure that the texas folks would be paying 12 dollars or so a roll if they had a choice while alot of it is regional we all suffer basically the same circumstances,one bad season can turn our whole operation around to where we are sucking hind teat. my cattle requirments are basically the same in alabama, as they are in canada feed,water minerals

I'm gunna resurface this and tell all ya'll what I've been itching to say for months...

I can't much stand reading the boards anymore, so full of SOBs and wannabees that buy a bottle calf twice a year and claim they have the answers to all of the cattle industries problems. THERE AIN'T A SINGLE ONE OF US THAT KNOWS 100% WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BEZ, CAMP, AND CAUSTIC INCLUDED. Every region is different, every set up is different and even though Caustic may have invented dirt it doesn't mean he knows everything there is to know about cattle I'm sure he'll tell ya that he don't know everything. There is AN EXTREME amount of info lost on these boards because of extremely intelligent folks that are cow savvy on here not posting because they dont' wanna fight the morons and know-it-alls to rebutt what they know is right... It's a total crock and the reason that I spend more time on Ranchers.net nowadays instead of here......

Stepping down
Jake :mad:

Jake":i6zd6pvd said:
I'm gunna resurface this and tell all ya'll what I've been itching to say for months...

I can't much stand reading the boards anymore, so full of SOBs and wannabees that buy a bottle calf twice a year and claim they have the answers to all of the cattle industries problems. THERE AIN'T A SINGLE ONE OF US THAT KNOWS 100% WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BEZ, CAMP, AND CAUSTIC INCLUDED. Every region is different, every set up is different and even though Caustic may have invented dirt it doesn't mean he knows everything there is to know about cattle I'm sure he'll tell ya that he don't know everything. There is AN EXTREME amount of info lost on these boards because of extremely intelligent folks that are cow savvy on here not posting because they dont' wanna fight the morons and know-it-alls to rebutt what they know is right... It's a total crock and the reason that I spend more time on Ranchers.net nowadays instead of here......

Stepping down

Very well said grasshopper

Jake":3azpn21u said:

Stepping down

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sad to see some good people leave because of a few know it alls. You know the know it alls won't be here long, stick around. It always good to have an experienced cattleperson tell it like it is, whether I agree or not.

I remember when I caught a case of barn blindness, and was thinking about keeping a halfbreed beefmaster crossed with an angus (bull calf). Thank god Caustic put me in my place. It may have been a little embarrassing, but I deserved it.

Boy am I glad I'm not a GURU.

CN, let me be the first to say;

I know nothing.
I don't have any cows.
I hate cows.
Any advice I offer should be ignored.
Any cattle knowledge I have was not learned in school so be real careful about anything I say about cattle.

I'm just here for the party. :D

Jake":2b3maxa4 said:

Stepping down
That's a pretty good post, Jake. A lot of truth in it, too. These are still the best Boards going for people just starting out with cattle, though. I used to learn something here almost every day myself---until it got to where you couldn't get through all the crap unless you had five or six hours a day to spend sorting through it.

Maybe Ranchers is the answer. I haven't posted much over there since Macon changed the Boards up. I just got tired of all the arguing over there and finally stopped going. But maybe I should have just stayed out of the Bull Session and it wouldn't have been so bad. Easier said than done, though. :lol:

I mean really---how many different ways can the same old people argue their same old positions on Pickett? But there's one thing they've got going for 'em over there---at least they know what Pickett is, and they understand the relevance of it to our industry.

Maybe I'll give Ranchers another try too, Jake. Just keep in mind that the only way that the CT Boards will remain the best Boards for people just starting out, is if some people that know what they're talking about stick around.

that's understood Texan there are enough of you that know what your talking about and enough that think they know that I can just keep on checking my PMs and keeping busy with other things, chasing girls is a lot more fun that this BS is anymore.

i checked out ranchers.net last night for the first time. even registered. i cant say that i saw anything to write home about though.

Jake":19kiu42c said:
that's understood Texan there are enough of you that know what your talking about and enough that think they know that I can just keep on checking my PMs and keeping busy with other things, chasing girls is a lot more fun that this BS is anymore.

Wadaya do if ya catch one? ;-)

Latest posts