Cattle Selling

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
There has been convoys of 24 foot and more goosenecks full of cattle heading north on Highway 154 through Yantis to the sale barns in Sulphur Springs and Paris Texas since the first of 2017.

TennesseeTuxedo":1hsc5os9 said:
hurleyjd":1hsc5os9 said:
There has been convoys of 24 foot and more goosenecks full of cattle heading north on Highway 154 through Yantis to the sale barns in Sulphur Springs and Paris Texas since the first of 2017.

What do you make of that Hurley?

Could be age of the rancher or maybe the banker has gone as far as he is willing.

Thursday KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY had 1633 hd. largest sale I've seen them have in a good while. Lots of weaned feeder steers hit the auction block. Guess several are tired holding them back and the market went up here a bit.

hurleyjd":1ykvlbfz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1ykvlbfz said:
hurleyjd":1ykvlbfz said:

Could be age of the rancher or maybe the banker has gone as far as he is willing.
Here is another reason:
The next Netbio sale will be January 18, 2017

!!!!BOOKS ARE CLOSED ON JANUARY NETBIO!!!

!!!8,000+ HEAD CONSIGNED!!!
Along with our Regular Sale, Monday, January 23rd!
23 Black Cows. All from one place,
20 are bred to Register Brangus bulls
5 will be pairs
45 Crossbred Pairs. All from one Ranch.
2-6 years old. Running with Black Bulls
Thes cattle will sale at approx, 3:30

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sale Announcement
Sale Announcement

FlyingLSimmentals":1a4r0m2m said:
Thursday KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY had 1633 hd. largest sale I've seen them have in a good while. Lots of weaned feeder steers hit the auction block. Guess several are tired holding them back and the market went up here a bit.

Lots of the cattle bought by backgrounders in November are coming to town right now. They are making big money on those five weight heifers bought for 1.00 and under selling as weaned loads in the low 1.20s. Over 400 weaned 6 and 7 weight heifers were there Thursday, and in talking to the guys that brought them almost all of them were very profitable. I saw a set of steers that had been bought as oddball thin light weights in Guthrie come back as weaned 4 weights and they advanced around .40 cents over what they cost when they were bought, and they had gained 125 lbs.

TennesseeTuxedo":a8js0wnz said:
hurleyjd":a8js0wnz said:

I know that at least in the area I am at, a lot of the farmers that held back cattle until after the first of the year need to sell them now. A combination of better prices and cattle getting too big are leading to big sales. I have seen several bunches of 925-1050 lb steers coming through sales in this area and that tells me that people have been holding cattle, because most in this area sell everything before it hits 850.

Sales were lower here by quit a bit most dumped right after the first of the year.
Slaughter cows and bulls are lower by 6 to 7 dollar dollars per hundred.
Feeders up by three to four per hundred

Latest posts