Cattle Sale Locations ?

Help Support CattleToday:

ocholagos

Reaction score
New to area.
Where are the nearest cattle sale barns ?

Im located in Combine, Tx 75159, between Kaufman and Dallas.

Thanks
Chuck

Van Zandt County (Wills Point) is on I-20 between Terrell and Wills Point and their sale is on Saturday.

Emory's sale is on Saturday.

Athen's sale is on Friday.

Corsicana used to be onTuesday. Not sure anymore.

There is a sale in Hubbard and also something on 287 between Ennis and Waxahachie but I don't remember what it is.

Whatca lookin for?

BTRANCH":2w5hgoso said:
Van Zandt County (Wills Point) is on I-20 between Terrell and Wills Point and their sale is on Saturday.

Emory's sale is on Saturday.

Athen's sale is on Friday.

Corsicana used to be onTuesday. Not sure anymore.

There is a sale in Hubbard and also something on 287 between Ennis and Waxahachie but I don't remember what it is.

Whatca lookin for?

To add what's said above by BTRANCH:

Athens Sale, every Friday, cattle start at 11:00am, phone 903-675-3333

Emory Livestock Auction (where I go), on 19 just South as you come into Emory on the left, Tuesday sale at 11:00, Saturday sale at 10:00am, phone 903-473-2512

Van Zandt County Livestock Auction, 21582 FM 47 (off I-20), Saturday 12:30pm, 903-873-2117

Call them for more details. In Emory, usually goats and other critters get sold before cattle/calves, diary cows also

Dar,
Are you happy w/the Emory sale? I went to Van Zandt county a few weeks ago and I was not impressed at all with the way they handled the animals going through there. One guy liked to have beaten this poor goat to death.

Do they sell cows on Tuesdays also?

BTRANCH":17e0m1ua said:
Dar,
Are you happy w/the Emory sale? I went to Van Zandt county a few weeks ago and I was not impressed at all with the way they handled the animals going through there. One guy liked to have beaten this poor goat to death.

Do they sell cows on Tuesdays also?

I've never used Van Zandt...heard many stories, but as they're all second hand, won't repeat them here.

Yes, very pleased with Emory, as have all folks I've spoken with around here. I use sale barns for selling only, not to buy. I do all my buying privately. That said, Emory has been written up a couple times in area press for the care they take in handling animals as well as their checks against cattle thief. They hold special sales often and work with TSCRA. The folks running the auction, Don Forester and Pee Wee Forester, are the same folks who run the Athens Sale and the Henderson Livestock Auction. They're proud enough of what they do they to list their home phone and cell phone numbers, so if there's a problem, you can talk to them direct.

Tuesday sales and Saturday sales are both cattle. Usually on Tuesday there' a steady line of cattle trailers straight up 19 from Canton & I-20 to Emory. Same on Saturday. I don't go Tuesday's, but like Saturdays. For me a trip to the sale barn is as much a time to catch up on news and gossip as it is anything else. Sorta like my monthly trip to Jerry's for a haircut. I've never seen roughhousing of the animals, not to say it might not happen simply due to the nature of animals, can only say I haven't seen it. :cboy:

Emory sale is on Tuesday and Saturday.

Corsicana is on Tuesday

Van Zandt is on Saturday. I sell my cattle at Van Zandt and buy for a small order buying company there and at Winsboro. The owner, Tommy Barton, bought Van Zandt about two years ago and has really tried to make it a good sale.

Latest posts