• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cattle on pasture

A

Anonymous

I have a few cattle on just plain grass pasture should i be feeding grain also? Thanks

Kelly

Reaction score
It really depends on what kind of condition they are in and if they are feeding calves. It would help to know if they are cow/calves , steer, young stock?

la4angus

Reaction score
Anonymous":22g2b3h2 said:
I have a few cattle on just plain grass pasture should i be feeding grain also? Thanks

If the grass is plentiful you should only need a good mineral mix for your area and a supplement such as Vita Ferm.

If your grass is short, I would recommend to put out some hay along with the minerals and supplement.

A

Anonymous

Kelly, They are 6-10 year old cows supposed to be early bred. Thanks

dun

Reaction score
If they have enough gras to eat, even relatively poor quality, they shouldn't need anything but monerals and water to go with the grass. This is the lowest nutrient requirement that they will have, unless they are very poor from having weaned a calf recently. Watch their condition, that's alwasy the key. Lots of grass doesn;t mean diddly if it's mostly water.

dun

Guest":vpfz8zt2 said:
Kelly, They are 6-10 year old cows supposed to be early bred. Thanks