Casting bullets

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else cast their own bullets?
I've been casting for about 8yrs now. Started out with black powder, and now cast for all guns.

Good place for info is castbullets.gunloaders.com

Cal

CB if you think in the future you might want to cast some bullets you better start stocking up on lead now.
It is getting to be hard to find. I have 600lbs molded into 1lb bars and still scrounge all I can.

Cal

Calman":3eiyat2m said:
CB if you think in the future you might want to cast some bullets you better start stocking up on lead now.
It is getting to be hard to find. I have 600lbs molded into 1lb bars and still scrounge all I can.

Cal
Even 15 years ago when I sold out and was using around 2 tons of alloy a month it was getting hard to find. Finally had to go to a metal alloying company and have them make my alloy and ship it in 28 pound notch bars. Had a friend of mine that went down to that area and had him haul it in once a month.

Dun we have a local guy that tries to get all the lead around here.
He has an old cannon that fires 8lb cannon balls and he also makes his own powder.
I will not venture into making my own powder. Way too much risk envolved.
Cal

Calman":3l7t6lb1 said:

Cal

I have quite a bit stockpiled.

Calman":270959fg said:
Dun we have a local guy that tries to get all the lead around here.
He has an old cannon that fires 8lb cannon balls and he also makes his own powder.
I will not venture into making my own powder. Way too much risk envolved.
Cal
Used to you get pick up used wheel wegiths for nothing. All I had to buy was linotype. Had a 100 gallon melter that I used to melt the WWs and clean it then mix the linotype. I spent more time each month scrounging and melting the crap down to get it cleaned up as I did casting bullets.

Latest posts