bait casting reels

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi!

Huge bird-nest!! :lol: :lol:

The spinning reel is a straight forward mechanism compared to the new bait casting reels. To understand a casting rod, take all that you know about spinning rods, and flip it. For beginners, knowing the difference between casting and spinning rods is especially important.

Unlike the spinning rod, when a fish pulls the line of a casting rod, the rod is bent over and the eyelets face upwards. Novice anglers may find this confusing or even unnatural, but the truth of the matter is that casting rods use eyelets in a more effective way.

Not only do you want to avoid mix ups with rods and reels, but you want to know the difference between fishing rods made for spinning reels and those made for bait casting reels.

I hope, next time you are gonna catch a big fish instead of bird-nest with a bait caster. :)

Brute 23":3f4ji97h said:
Nice... that is a lot of fun. I always enjoyed Crappie fishing. We would use those little poles and jig next to stumps or with lights at night. Its funny how often you would hook on to a catfish or some thing else. It was on then. :)

What does a Walleye fight like?

Like a chunk of drift wood until you get them in the boat. Then they go ballistic and slice up your fingers with their gill plates.

If they didn't taste so good, I probably wouldn't even mess with the toothy buggers.

True Grit Farms":9peymaen said:
I've never been able to cast a bait casting real with my left hand accurately.
Just not coordinated enough I guess, or to right handed.

I don't think many people do, it's very common to cast with your right and then switch hands to reel.

That seems counterintuitive to me, so the only baitcaster I own is a lefty.

These reels have a set spool beneath the rod, and line is drawn out by the burden of the lure, bait, or tackle. edges of a Spinning Reel. All around skillfulness is that the biggest reason individuals opt for spinning reels. they will be wont to forged many various sorts of tackle, together with artificial lures and live bait.

Atimm693":2yqtra6o said:
True Grit Farms":2yqtra6o said:
I've never been able to cast a bait casting real with my left hand accurately.
Just not coordinated enough I guess, or to right handed.

I don't think many people do, it's very common to cast with your right and then switch hands to reel.

That seems counterintuitive to me, so the only baitcaster I own is a lefty.

There are guys out there smooth as silk with them but the majority aren't. They pack them around because they were told that's what real fishermen use. If you actually watch them fishing... It's a **** show.

Latest posts