Can't Find Her

Help Support CattleToday:

When I can't find one right away, I look up in the sky. If I don't see any buzzards, I don't worry. If I do see buzzards, that's the direction I go.

Nice pair.

I have some tall grass, but not tall enough to lose a cow in! I hope you have a dog and you can teach it "find the baby" cause you would have to trip over a little calf before you found it in that. Sweet heifer!

I would prefer the pasture to be cleaner, but it is a rented pasture. It would take a lot of time and money to clean it up for it to be sold out from under us. We cut what we can, but it was an old timers pasture that thru trash out there. It grew up around the trash, so it makes it hard to cut and clean up. If I am able to purchase one day, it will not look like that.

jgibson":1mhjhgsr said:
I would prefer the pasture to be cleaner, but it is a rented pasture. It would take a lot of time and money to clean it up for it to be sold out from under us. We cut what we can, but it was an old timers pasture that thru trash out there. It grew up around the trash, so it makes it hard to cut and clean up. If I am able to purchase one day, it will not look like that.
This place was about the same. We've been working on it for 10 years and just the other day I ran into a spool of barbed wire along the edge of a pasture.

I agree on the hard to keep rented place...want to make it like your own but then landlord will sell or take back and you don't get full benefit...jgibson, I was born in Arab almost 61 years ago...where are you in Marshall county? Still have a lot of relatives in that area!

Latest posts