Can we start a password protected classified ads section?

Help Support CattleToday:

WalnutCrest

Reaction score
It's been discussed before (but in my rudimentary searching ability, I was unable to find the thread I'm recalling) about trying to get some sort of password protected classified ads section.

Something along the lines of -- make 50 (?) posts at CT and you're allowed in to the classified area to try to keep spammers out -- so we could list our treasures (like that rebuilt carb off of the 1967 Farmall you have out back or the 50 used hog panels you don't need since you've given up trying to keep the deer out of your garden) for sale for whomever here might want them.

Or, maybe we do have that and I wasn't invited... :???:

Anyone know where this idea sits? Did anyone approach the man behind the curtain to see if it's feasible / possible / etc.?

callmefence":3la3goev said:
We just got some kinda hippie like button. I wouldn't expect much for awhile.

yep.
Here comes the popularity contests..I'm looking right now how to disable the "member ******* liked your post" notifications. :bang:

found it:
ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options
Clear the check mark to the right of 'liked posts"

I'd love it. We're just so spread out. There are a few users around me. Not sure I'd have anything they need.

WalnutCrest":3d8g497z said:
I would have thought this actually would have gone somewhere ... hmmm ...

I wish it would . The first thing I would post is the mountain of second hand tpost I have.
Lots of them are the heavy 1.44 ones. I don't know i probably have a thousand of em 1.00 to 2.00 depending on type and quantity. If there was a place where it was allowed. That would be my first post.

Lots of stuff gets bought and sold here under the table. I've bought several open heifers here, and sold some bred. Made a business partner here.

callmefence":2vkyz1k9 said:
WalnutCrest":2vkyz1k9 said:

I wish it would . The first thing I would post is the mountain of second hand tpost I have.
Lots of them are the heavy 1.44 ones. I don't know i probably have a thousand of em 1.00 to 2.00 depending on type and quantity. If there was a place where it was allowed. That would be my first post.

I'd probably take em all. See how easy that was.

callmefence":3fhbofbr said:
WalnutCrest":3fhbofbr said:

If I lived closer, I'd buy a bunch of those T-posts from you @ those prices.

Workinonit Farm":10t3qkl7 said:
callmefence":10t3qkl7 said:
WalnutCrest":10t3qkl7 said:

Maybe you can ride with Bigfoot... y'all need my address.

If we had a classified section, I'd post that there are 10 short bred heifers for sale in western Ky. 3 way crosses Limousine, Hereford, and charbray. All bred to a longhorn/santagertudus bull. $1750 apiece, and I'd haul em 150 miles, if I knew there was cash at my destination.

callmefence":3fuf5w1t said:
WalnutCrest":3fuf5w1t said:

Dang, I search craigslist every month looking for used T Post. I hate buying new. I am down to my last 10.

callmefence":1o6dmpjx said:
Workinonit Farm":1o6dmpjx said:
callmefence":1o6dmpjx said:

Maybe you can ride with Bigfoot... y'all need my address.

I have it, I added it to the Christmas card list. ;) I'm not sure how far Bigfoot lives from me. I do know that Texas is a long ways away from Va.

Anytime we see T-posts at auctions/sales, they start @ .50 and work their way up to the same price as almost new. :roll:

callmefence":tero2ys0 said:
WalnutCrest":tero2ys0 said:

If we were closer I'd buy a bunch of them from you.

Bigfoot":26s2ia0q said:
If we had a classified section, I'd post that there are 10 short bred heifers for sale in western Ky. 3 way crosses Limousine, Hereford, and charbray. All bred to a longhorn/santagertudus bull. $1750 apiece, and I'd haul em 150 miles, if I knew there was cash at my destination.

Similar...a little SW of KC...

Post 1 - Farmall 656 for sale... awesome tractor (tires are nearly new, hydraulics are good, all gears shift easily, starts very smooth, three point is in good shape, etc) is only getting sold because the missus inherited a JD diesel.

Post 2 - WTB - We are in the early stages of exploring the feasibility of buying your proven, moderately framed, average or better milking, commercial cows (not heifers) that are implanted with our embryos and are confirmed bred at 60 days with implants occurring in June (or early July) 2018 by a technician of our choosing and at our cost. Essentially we buy the cows that are bred at a pre agreed to price.

Post 3 - For sale - up to 10 short bred commercial cows (mainly black and BWF; one Hereford) that are raising embryo calves for us (and are doing a very nice job of it!) bred natural service by our two fullblood Aubrac bulls (Zach and Buck). Actual quantity depends on how many are confirmed bred in a month or so. Price and delivery negotiable. They're only getting sold because their embryo didn't stick this spring. Pictures of Zach have been posted before ... here are two of Buck.

Bigfoot":1atq0utt said:
Lots of stuff gets bought and sold here under the table. I've bought several open heifers here, and sold some bred. Made a business partner here.
Well first thing you'd know is someone will try selling or buying shine here and then the Feds would show up and just cause all sorts of problems.

TennesseeTuxedo":kxy3h2me said:
callmefence":kxy3h2me said:
WalnutCrest":kxy3h2me said:

I could haul for you. For a small fee of course

Craig Miller":17fsrdqj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":17fsrdqj said:
callmefence":17fsrdqj said:

I could haul for you. For a small fee of course

Interesting. I'll mull that over. Thanks

My first ad post would be this fence line mower. It works great, just have been doing more spraying lately, and have lost the need for it.

Latest posts