Can Anyone Recommend a Good Brand of Sprayer?

Help Support CattleToday:

u4411clb

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good brand of sprayer that they have gotten good use out of that would work to spray 200 acres or so a year? Tired of waiting on co-op guys which it is not their fault to get out to my pastures and hay fields on time and want to look into doing it myself.

I think Dun put this in the wrong thread. I cut it to here

Dun said:

Northstar from Northern Tool and Fimco from just about anybody. I've had good luck with both kinds.

Bigfoot":28a4y5tx said:
I think Dun put this in the wrong thread. I cut it to here

Dun said:

Northstar from Northern Tool and Fimco from just about anybody. I've had good luck with both kinds.
Good job, senility is sure getting old!

I couldn't bring myself to pay what they want for one (new/used) so I built one.
I had most of the steel,so only bought, tank, hose, pump, fittings, spray nozzle --
200gal - works great
I even painted it JD green to increase the value..

Philip-TX":2qhcik6w said:
I couldn't bring myself to pay what they want for one (new/used) so I built one.
I had most of the steel,so only bought, tank, hose, pump, fittings, spray nozzle --
200gal - works great
I even painted it JD green to increase the value..

Nice shop, nice spray unit, and I like the sign on the wall.

The most important parts are the regulator and the pump, secondary to that are the nozzles. Everything else is pretty minor

If you dig around on here a little, a couple of us have built sprayers. I know I did, and I think graybeard did as well. I had $300 in mine, and it has probably went over close to a 1000 acres with no problem.

I bought a used Mitchell sprayer at a farm sale. It cost me $500. 110 gallon tank and a 20 foot boom. I probably got it 10 years ago, maybe more. The only thing I have ever done to it is new nozzles and over that time it has probably done close to 1,000 acres.

Latest posts