California Divided

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like an effort to create more government, but I'm sure there are other motives and not that simple... surely

Years ago the talk was to split cal right down the middle at the peak of the mountains, east and west. Problem was all the tax money came from the west and not much from the east. But politics is pretty well divided (with the exception being san diego) from east to west.

California has always been pretty divided... at least politically. I believe that CA is still the number 1 agriculture producing state in the country (at least in total revenue) and the voice of the conservative farmer is being drowned out by the liberal mind-set. What is really comes down to for that state is who has control of the water! Southern CA would dry up without the California Aqueduct and meanwhile, farmers are going without water. It will be interesting for sure!

They need to draw that line a little further North. Leave San Francisco and Sacramento in the southern part. I am sure the people in the Northern part of the state would like that.
For years there has been talk of splitting Washington and Oregon down the middle. The east sides of the states have a lot in common. And the west sides...... well I am glad I sold out and moved.

That division isn't restricted to the west coast. I've never been there, but I understand upstate New York doesn't have much in common with New York City.

If successful they would have six senators in Washington instead of two likewise Texas would have more senators than two. This would be more of a representative of the populations compared to some western states that have less in population than some of the cities in California and Texas. Also would affect the electoral college map.

ALACOWMAN":2cx2oyl3 said:
Maybe they can throw Atlanta in there as well.....place is goofy as a March hare...

There are some cities that should be set up like the District of Columbia, and then left to their own delusions. :hide:

Latest posts