calf with redness under lower eyelid

Help Support CattleToday:

Buck 492

Reaction score
Recently purchased 250lb calf. Put in the headgate to vac. and notice in both eyes under the lower eyelid the hair is gone and the red flesh is showing. There is no drainage from eye nor bleeding from this irritation. Both places under the eye are same size. It looks from a distance as if you took red paint and put a mark under each eye. Put idoine on it with my thumb as not to get in eye. I'm wondering if it is lice or ringworm irritation. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Buck 492":44y4qszb said:
Recently purchased 250lb calf. Put in the headgate to vac. and notice in both eyes under the lower eyelid the hair is gone and the red flesh is showing. There is no drainage from eye nor bleeding from this irritation. Both places under the eye are same size. It looks from a distance as if you took red paint and put a mark under each eye. Put idoine on it with my thumb as not to get in eye. I'm wondering if it is lice or ringworm irritation. Thanks for any help or ideas.
sounds like ring worm. plus that's the location it usually appears.

i would say ringworm as well. if you really want to get rid of it put like footcream on it. i know there is other treatments as well.

Latest posts