Calf Pics......opinions?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
If you guys remember back early last year I posted pictures of my new red angus bull. He was a King Rob grandson. Most of the replies were positive. Doc Harris liked the bull but said that the proof would be in his calves. Well his first calves arrived in November. I waited a couple of months to post pics to let them grow a little first. I was out at the farm today and was able to get one picture of a heifer (foreground) and a bull calf (background) before my battery went dead. The two in the pic are 3 days apart in age. I am pretty happy with the calves so far. What do ya'll think?

P1250083.jpg

HOSS":14gyrr5j said:
If you guys remember back early last year I posted pictures of my new red angus bull. He was a King Rob grandson. Most of the replies were positive. Doc Harris liked the bull but said that the proof would be in his calves. Well his first calves arrived in November. I waited a couple of months to post pics to let them grow a little first. I was out at the farm today and was able to get one picture of a heifer (foreground) and a bull calf (background) before my battery went dead. The two in the pic are 3 days apart in age. I am pretty happy with the calves so far. What do ya'll think?

P1250083.jpg
those are some nice growthy calves.they sure look nice an straight.an one thing for sure they are growing like weeds.the heifer looks like a keeper to me.

Good looking calves. Are you planning on keeping the heifer ? I'd like to see her a few months down the road.

TNfamilyfarm":2sckoh3z said:
very good looking pair.
how old are they and what do you guess their weight?

Thanks.

I would guess them to weigh about 250 pounds. They are about 80 days old give or take a day or so. I guestimate that they have gained about 2.2 pounds per day since birth. They are only on milk, grass and hay.

Joy in Texas":1wdt895b said:
Good looking calves. Are you planning on keeping the heifer ? I'd like to see her a few months down the road.

I will most likely keep the heifer. I will post more pics at weaning and we'll see how she looks then.

Latest posts