Calf Down (Help)

Help Support CattleToday:

Hickstown

Reaction score
I have a 13 day old bottle calf that has been doing great until today. I fed her this morning and she was fine. Than this afternoon she was down and didnt want to get up. I did get her up for a few minutes than she laid back down. She is puffing (breathing) like she is in pain, her stomach seems a little tight but not distended her temp is 103.1 and her stool is still making piles I couldnt see anything obvious ie... navel infection etc.. I have had her in the barn with the peacocks since I got her, it is not humid or drafty in there. now tonight she is still down and will not eat. any ideas???

Thanks,

Kris

Pnemonia. If you can get a hold of a vet tonight, get some real antibiotics fomr him. Nuflor, Excede, Excenenl, etc. Don;t mess aorund with the feed store variety of antibiotics. If you can;t get any tonight, get some first thing in the morning from the vet.

Dun how do you feel about Baytril for pnuemonia. We usually hit them with that and Bannamine

3waycross":1qvwbblp said:
Dun how do you feel about Baytril for pnuemonia. We usually hit them with that and Bannamine
As good as any that has to be gottewn form the vet. If the vet feels it is appropriate for what is being treated it's fine