Calf died after trailering

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with saltydog and watso059.If they had a problem with their calf when they picked it up,they should have talked to you then and took care of it then.

I agree with Salty , watso & longhorn. If this calf was in poor shape upon arrival and died a couple of days later, why was it weeks later that you were notified by e-mail. To me this doesn't pass the smell test. If it were my calf and was in poor condition upon arrival at my place, it would not be 2 weeks before you heard from me. D@#$ sure wouldn't be by e-mail either.

7-10 days is the incubation period for many of the bugs involved in the BRD (shipping fever) complex. From the time frame involved, it sounds like the little guy got sick after shipping and was not treated in a timely & proper manner.

Sorry for the unfortunate situation you are in. If it were me I would be questioning why a true friend would wait that long to notify me of this "problem". After all they did have e-mail. Not like we have to wait on the pony express or snail mail. JMO

Hope you can find a win-win solution that can maintain you friendship. Sounds like this would be a good one for Ann Landers.

Regards

Brock

Latest posts