buying time

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14

Reaction score
i want to buy some beef cows/heifers and dont know if i should buy now or what tell fall when there cheaper

skyhightree1":3a81loyt said:
ez14":3a81loyt said:
i want to buy some beef cows/heifers and dont know if i should buy now or what tell fall when there cheaper

this has got to be a joke post
Maybe not Sky. :?

Welcome to the forum ez14!
Where are you located and what are your plans?

Red Bull Breeder":ywdo25q5 said:
How do we know they won't be cheaper. I can think of a few reasons why the could be cheaper.
Which are?

Drzr":2c2krm85 said:
Red Bull Breeder":2c2krm85 said:
How do we know they won't be cheaper. I can think of a few reasons why the could be cheaper.
Which are?
It costs a lot more to feed them in the fall and winter. Realizing this, cattle owners will take less for them than they did in the summer when grazing was abundant.

Well we never need to forget about the idiots in DC. Last I heard exports were down. Then like Ga. Prime said cost to feed threw the winter.

Cow prices are cyclical. I would probably hold off until the fall or winter, but keep eyes open now for a deal. You never know what you'll find.

i'm in mi and prices usually go down in the fall/winter because feed go's way up like hay was $4 for cheap stuff last winter vs around $2 for ok stuff now and no its not a joke post

Things are working out pretty good for me i bought my heifers for 1.65 a lb and there able to graze for this state at this time of year thats a first :D

Toad":2qyeh73h said:
:D Any chance you know whats going to happen next spring?
No i borrowed the crystal ball from a friend ill see if i can use it agin some time soon :lol: :lol: then ill tell you

Latest posts