Buy It?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":3sgc3o33 said:
If it's a local car and not terribly eat up with rust it's one of the best opportunities that will pass you by in your lifetime. All of the naysayers here obviously don't have a clue what '57s bring, specially if it's a bel air. Drop a grand on the car and put it on ebay, you'd have a lot more change in your pocket than that thousand to put towards your house or whatever. If it were a bit closer I'd be interested.
you and i know if it were closer you couldnt touch it for that..ive seen em ask 3 grand for rusted out hulls

alacattleman":3e9ltu7v said:
cfpinz":3e9ltu7v said:
If it's a local car and not terribly eat up with rust it's one of the best opportunities that will pass you by in your lifetime. All of the naysayers here obviously don't have a clue what '57s bring, specially if it's a bel air. Drop a grand on the car and put it on ebay, you'd have a lot more change in your pocket than that thousand to put towards your house or whatever. If it were a bit closer I'd be interested.
you and i know if it were closer you couldnt touch it for that..ive seen em ask 3 grand for rusted out hulls
I know where 2 or3 56 and 57s are and they are just hulls more or less and like you said it would take way more than $1000 to get them bought IF you could

alacattleman":1w0j5oey said:
you women stay out of this. :cowboy: .... buy the dam car put a cover over it, its like gold its value is sure to increase count on it,,,

Just like a typical male.. maybe he should finish restoring the ones he already has and sell them if they are so valuable, then that will help pay for the new home. I like the idea of complete one project, before moving on to the next; and men really are not so good at multi tasking.. :p

i had to put my chevelle on hold for a 1 1/2 while i built my cabin... it set there on saw horses and waited only still increasing in value every day. like money in the bank.

cfpinz":2ktp9q9v said:

Brother has a 57 Chevy Nomad Station Wagon in his garage.....beautiful gold color and everything on it is original and it has about 70,000 miles on it....he hasn't spent a thing on it except maintenance. He's turned down a small fortune for it. I say again, buy the Chevy.

hillsdown":33blnosx said:
Just like a typical male.. maybe he should finish restoring the ones he already has and sell them if they are so valuable, then that will help pay for the new home. I like the idea of complete one project, before moving on to the next; and men really are not so good at multi tasking.. :p

Just like a typical female! Fuss, fuss, fuss! :p :p :p

alacattleman":v5au7b6j said:

Trip to Montana suit you? I'll meet you in Missouri.

cfpinz":2fqgnbtv said:
alacattleman":2fqgnbtv said:

sure we will be able split the expences and still make out like bandits
:cowboy:

TexasBred":motxi2ve said:
I doubt there has ever been a house built that at some point in time one of the spouses decided to make changes to the original plan.

Bite your tongue TB. When I built mine, I had the plans and the nail gun.

I hired out the custom cabinets in order to get all wood (and cheaper than the units at the mega building supply houses). Tape, bed and texture was hired. Central air installation was hired. Carpet was hired. Everything else was built EXACTLY like originally intended.

8 years ago I began drawing up plans for the next house. Showed her the plans. She wanted a bigger kitchen, bigger bedrooms, bigger living room, bedrooms for the grandbabies...... Before it was over with, the house was actually bigger than the one we currently live in. Hence, I aint started any farther towards that. The one I am in suits me fine, just too big. I don't need bigger.

cfpinz":2vakcxom said:
alacattleman":2vakcxom said:

Heck if you two are meeting in Misouri I will ride out with ya been a few yrs since I been to Montana

My thoughts on this,even if you didn't want it to restore,it would be a great item to turn and make money on at that price. You just ain't gonna find many money making deals like that.

Cal

Angus Cowman":2ve90zwg said:
cfpinz":2ve90zwg said:
alacattleman":2ve90zwg said:

Heck if you two are meeting in Misouri I will ride out with ya been a few yrs since I been to Montana

OK, but you're bringing the beer.

cfpinz":3k0l52lu said:
Angus Cowman":3k0l52lu said:

OK, but you're bringing the beer.[/quote]
that will work! you do drink Natural Light right :lol:
I will keep the whiskey for myself :cowboy:

Angus Cowman":2lh6hvra said:

Yeah, but we'd best give the good stuff to bama. He's liable to freeze that far north!

cfpinz":36pbv4su said:
Angus Cowman":36pbv4su said:

Yeah, but we'd best give the good stuff to bama. He's liable to freeze that far north!
I can get bama some of the good stuff that is dual purpose works as anti-freeze, paint thinner and a little bit explosive if ya sit it to close to the fire
I figured out why all the shine around here is in mason jars if ya put it in plastic it eats right thru kinda like gas in a styrofoam cup

Went and took a look at the car today. just looking.
Body is straight, no waves in the metal. Only place that showed even a hint of rust was in the area where the tail lights are. Someone punched a hole on the side of the tail fin for an antenna. That can be fixed.
The car is almost completely down to bare metal on the outside. Needs some stripping around the door edges and truck edges inside.
It is not a Bel Aire it is a 150.

saw a car just like it tonight but completely restored. Yellow body and a white. That was a sweet looking car.

Don't want to get in a pissin contest but a '57 chevy is the most sought after restorer - ever. For all you Ford lovers out there I suppose you would want to restore a '57 Ford? Sittin' side by side at auction the '57 Chevy will bring $25K to $60K and up. The '57 Ford may fetch $10K - maybe. I don't think even a '57 T-Bird will match the chevy.Sure as heII won't out run it. (Can you imagine - a 312 in a T-Bird being blown off the track by a little 283.) Before you start on me remember, I was there! So don't go tryin' to blow smoke up my skirt.

Given the opportunity I would buy a '57 chevy for a $1000. It would be a good investment. You don't have to start on it now. Put it in the barn covered up and work on it when you have the opportunity. That's your kids college money.

JMHO

Latest posts