Bush Hogging

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike":3a9o8k5i said:
dun":3a9o8k5i said:
On tires it was a cedar staub, on the mower itself it was a 1/4 mile of 17 gauge electric fence. It's amazing how fast that stuff can wrap when you don;t really know it's happening

ha.. bet that was "fun" unwrapping that stuff... think I would rather unclog a jam on a hay baler..
Cutting torch

dun":1geedumu said:
On tires it was a cedar staub, on the mower itself it was a 1/4 mile of 17 gauge electric fence. It's amazing how fast that stuff can wrap when you don;t really know it's happening

I got into an old fence one time that I did not know had existed. Saw movement ahead and pushed in the clutch. It took a lot of wire to choke a 90 horse case tractor. It took hours of cutting to get it all out. We had actually walked the field and there were no posts. Just old wire down in the grass and dirt. I found it!

Limomike":1lofs40l said:
dun":1lofs40l said:

ha.. bet that was "fun" unwrapping that stuff... think I would rather unclog a jam on a hay baler..

Been there done that, the staubs & wire. Frankly I'd prefer to eat a cheeseburger rather than fix tires, unwrap wire or unclog a baler. Second thought, you can make it a really greasy cheeseburger! :cboy:

Back when I was just out of high school I went custom cutting with a friend up in North West Nebraksa. We were cutting for a farmer that had an old worn out combine and he plugged it up really good. As the farmer walked up to us we noticed that his son was pulling straw out of the old combine. He just smiled and said "gonna let the boy run it for a while." :lol2:

We had a combine clog with sunflowers,... luckily I didn't get it clogged too badly, but darn those sunflower stalks are tough things.

I was just moving the truck the other day when I noticed that I had undone the tire chains and left them on the ground, probably because the truck had a dead battery when I wanted to move it.. those would have been really fun to pick up with the flail mower as well

Latest posts