Bush Hog Story

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I was bush hogging a 20 acre patch this evening. Everytime I would circle near the pond I kept hearing a noise under the bush hog going THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP. As soon as I would leave the pond area it would stop. What a mystery! After the 4th or 5th time hearing this I could stand it no longer. I had to know what was making that noise. When I got to that spot where the thumping started I put the tractor in neutral, left the pto on and got off with my flashlight. I got down, shined the light underneath (from a safe distance) and lo and behold I saw a big ol' bullfrog jumping the blade as it went round and round. His head was hitting the sheet metal on the deck on each jump :lol: :eek: ;-) :cboy:

now thats 1 crazy frog.to jump over shredder blades.i bet you died laughing watching that frog jump over the blades.

Same category as the not having to aim at a rattlesnake to shoot it in the head story.

curtis":1xhq6f1l said:
Boy, knee boots , i don't think so , where's the hip boots.

I heard that story from a Texan..........you know how everything is bigger and better in Texas story......only he told it as the truth. (No offense to all Texans....fine people down there). He also said that he worked in a big machine shop in Dallas. Said that they had a lathe so big the city made them move it cause it would dim the lights of the Dallas Cowboy's stadium whenever they cranked it up. Told that as the truth too :roll:

frog2.jpg
Thanks for that, now I need to clean the desk. Should not read posts while drinking tea. Wonder whether frogs get headaches?

Hoss, while duct tape has many uses, this just goes to show you its not the best thing to use when attaching a mower to the PTO. :lol:

Jogeephus":12kygm2j said:
Hoss, while duct tape has many uses, this just goes to show you its not the best thing to use when attaching a mower to the PTO. :lol:

That's right. That's what baling wire is for

dun":118cznnc said:
Jogeephus":118cznnc said:

That's right. That's what baling wire is for

i use some old, thick axle grease......sets up like i welded it together ;-)

HOSS":4azzqf0x said:
curtis":4azzqf0x said:
Boy, knee boots , i don't think so , where's the hip boots.

I heard that story from a Texan..........you know how everything is bigger and better in Texas story......only he told it as the truth. (No offense to all Texans....fine people down there). He also said that he worked in a big machine shop in Dallas. Said that they had a lathe so big the city made them move it cause it would dim the lights of the Dallas Cowboy's stadium whenever they cranked it up. Told that as the truth too :roll:

Yep, Kennedy Machine and Tool still has that big lathe too! Actually ol' man Kennedy said he had the machine long before the Cowboys came to town, so make them move if they got a problem with it. Next thing you know, Cowboys are building a new stadium in Arlington, bout 20 miles away from where they are now! ;-)