One raccoon in hand is worth one in the bush

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
My aussie was anxious this morning to show me the raccoon she killed last night. Then later on, saw the dogs outside looking up at the pergola. The deceased coon had a friend who escaped by climbing the pergola. Only problem is, he has no way out except though us or the dogs, which wont end well for him. Cant really shoot him where he is, he's up against the house. I guess i'll let him figure it out.
We obviously have an endless supply of coons. :?

Just hauled off the dead one. Its been dead for a few hours and it smelled so bad already. I do prefer to haul them off alive in a cage. The guy hanging in the pergola looks lost. Technically, i'd love to somehow get him alive and relocate, but I think that's pointless..Doubt the dogs or he'd cooperate... so sad

cowgirl8":49hzeo83 said:
Just hauled off the dead one. Its been dead for a few hours and it smelled so bad already. I do prefer to haul them off alive in a cage. The guy hanging in the pergola looks lost. Technically, i'd love to somehow get him alive and relocate, but I think that's pointless..Doubt the dogs or he'd cooperate... so sad

Put the dogs up and give him a reprieve perhaps?

TennesseeTuxedo":12or071i said:
cowgirl8":12or071i said:

Put the dogs up and give him a reprieve perhaps?
Good idea....lol..not sure why I didn't think of putting the dogs up.. When my husband gets home, I may just do that.

I caught 8 last night with a snare. Double over a piece of electric fence wire, and slide it through a piece of gray conduit.

Before I could get out there and do something about that coon, he was dead. I think he was injured and dying before he went up there. My dogs smacked talked him all day, erk.... That works sometimes with squirrels they've found out. They sit under them barking and squirrels get jittery and make a run for it and always fall onto the dogs...

hurleyjd":92kv98lv said:
Amber Rose had something on the net about the bush.
Nah, cant type what I was thinking...lol... .we'll leave it at that

Heard a crash outside the window. Then heard the dogs making their mauling noises...First thought was one of our cats, but saw that it was another raccoon. It came from the pergola too. Must have been a pack of them the other night and there were more in the wisteria than I couldnt see. Bless his heart. Wasn't a easy painless death. One dog usually grabs it by the neck, you know like a cougar..lol.. and then Lugnut comes in and grabs it by the tail.. They then go to a game of tug of war. Not pretty to watch. Anyone who says dogs don't kill for sport is full of it. These 2 dogs love killing for sport..

The coons around here just wish they only had to worry about a couple of dogs. lol I've got the coon/beaver trapinst kid ever made.

I have a zero tolerance for any coon on the property. After losing numerous chickens and guinea fowls I kill any I see. Shot one the other night while hog hunting that had 4 little ones with her. The little ones were too small and fast to get. Few years ago it may have bothered me shooting an animal with babies, now, doesn't make me blink. I see no use for a coon, they have no mercy for my livestock, I will rid the world of everyone I come across. That goes for coons. They terrorized my coops for 2 weeks in the middle of the night, I didnt sleep much. Built a new coop, cost me over $500. It's sealed like a prison but my Guinea Fowls still roost in the tree's. I lose one every couple months to predators.

If photobucket wasn't a bunch of pr1ckes...I'd post up a picture of our pet raccoon setting in my lap watching television so you KILLERS could see that we CAN co-exist with the masked bandits. LOL

KILLERS!!!!!

LOL

One of my stepfathers, #3 maybe, cant remember. Anywho, he told me that he had a coon he raised. Said it was very friendly and lived in his house. One day, the dern thing ripped his ear off, showed me the scar to prove it ... Decided that was one critter I did not want. Then, someone else told me they knew someone who had a pet coon and one day it ripped their nose off....aint nobody got time for dat

Coons are NOT for everyone, this is a fact. They can be super sweet one minute and savage on the flip of a dime. The wife and I had one in the house when we got married. Sophie lived 10 yrs. The kids didn't get to enjoy Sophie when she was young, so we got Chloe so they could enjoy having a small one. I can't say Chloe hasn't bit the kids and scratched them, but she like to play hard. I have drilled and drilled it into their heads that you have to respect them at ALL times and not trust them...ever. It has been a great learning tool for them. They love their Chloe. We have an exotic permit for her and she is spayed and vaccinated. The first coon was a wild rescue...which we later found out was illegal in OK. This one is by the books with an annual inspection from the game warden.

I wish photobucket wouldn't have screwed up the entire forum internet with their selfish BS they just pulled. I've yet to find a good way to host third party pics.

Latest posts