Bureaucracy - You just gotta love it

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Yesterday I had the privilege of dealing with two separate gov't agencies. The first came in the form of a phone call requesting information that quite frankly was none of their business but I was civil and answered their questions until they got to one particular question that I had no clue on what it meant. I asked for clarification and the girl told me that she didn't know what it meant either and others in her group had no clue what it meant either and they were probably going to remove it from the form once they formed a panel to discuss the issue to see if anyone saw any reason not to remove it. :???:

My second wonderful experience came in the mail and had to do with some government forms. A while back I requested some application forms and about six weeks later I received them in the mail. I began filling them out but stopped when it got to the address part and felt I best check with 911 to be sure the physical address hasn't been changed again. (since 9-11 our addresses have been changed 3 times. This makes me feel much safer cause if I don't know where I am how could a terrorist ever find me? But then again when it comes to business cards, stationary and other reprinted forms this can get expensive but heh this is a small cost for freedom right?) Anyhow, I had mailed these forms out about two weeks ago and was notified in the mail yesterday that I had filled out outdated forms. This is definitely my error cause I didn't specifically ask them for the up to date forms so I guess they just assumed I wanted the outdated forms. Anyhow, I began filling out the new set of forms and they looked exactly like what I had filled out before except for one little change. Guess what it was?

"Are you a legal resident of the USA?" SOB, it ain't like my name is Jesus or Carlos or anything like that. Besides, if I were an illegal alien what do you think I would check? Oh well, like a good little boy I filled out the forms AGAIN and checked the little box assuring them that I wasn't some illegal alien so they can lay claim on some report to congress that they checked X number of people for immigration status. Well it only is costing me some time which I consider money so to make up for lost time I guess I'll have to just not report the sale of a few calves this year. I really hate doing that cause I'd really like to see every "being" in the USA be supplied with a cell phone just like the constitution promises.

Jo, an illegal won't check the box, but a legal "non resident" would, in the strange world of the civil servant (who are never civil or servile!!) a person working in the USA on a work permit is non resident even if they own their home, or even their own business, you only become resident when you are granted a green card (permanent residence).

I feel your pain. We started that big gvt job today and have to push back one small portion of it because one side doesn't know what the other side is doing. All in the same facility. Its amazing how gvt can even function sometimes. Now I get to redo the bid, get a new PO, and change the prepared invoice. Times 2 for the portion to be done in a few weeks. Its only time right, doesn't mean nothing to anyone else as long as its not theirs

Got my renewal in the mailtoday for my retail and wholesale egg licenses. In the process of getting info, I learn taht my sales tax license shows my business inside city limits - NOT. State says the county assessor told them I was in the City limits and I should get woth them. Ok, county says we live in rural not in city limits :bang: Oh boy. I gave county the phone number of the state weghts and measures registration office so they could figure out how to fix this. County was a stumped as I am... somebody hit the wrong key on the computer............
Valerie

vclavin":5qts4np7 said:
TexasBred":5qts4np7 said:
You charge sales tax on eggs?? :?:

Sure do ... what can I say, guess the government needs every penny they can get. We pay sales tax on FOOD here.
Valerie
Must just be your county or city because We don't pay tax on food unless it is ready to eat

Angus Cowman":lc5uaiuw said:
vclavin":lc5uaiuw said:
TexasBred":lc5uaiuw said:
You charge sales tax on eggs?? :?:

Sure do ... what can I say, guess the government needs every penny they can get. We pay sales tax on FOOD here.
Valerie
Must just be your county or city because We don't pay tax on food unless it is ready to eat

Figures! Just my luck.... :cry2:

vclavin":1f1bm5nr said:
JSCATTLE":1f1bm5nr said:
Sales tax on food. I guess that's another reason to live in Texas .

Let's see 100* + temperatures... good reason to live in north Missouri! I'll pay the sales tax and keep the cooler summers. LOL
Valerie

Val, you know what everyone says, "It's a dry heat". :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":3veiaonj said:
vclavin":3veiaonj said:
JSCATTLE":3veiaonj said:

Let's see 100* + temperatures... good reason to live in north Missouri! I'll pay the sales tax and keep the cooler summers. LOL
Valerie

I know TB, I sure wouldn't want 100* up here with the humidity these days!! I remember the dry heat in SW Kansas where I was born, not bad when the wind blows - come to think of it, it always blew. LOL
Valerie

TexasBred":34pzjz4b said:
vclavin":34pzjz4b said:
JSCATTLE":34pzjz4b said:

Valerie

Dam TB...you been out in the sun to long again..... :lol: Well, I guess up until today it has been. :nod:

Latest posts