bump fire stocks

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":jthlwb2c said:
Cross-7":jthlwb2c said:
I appreciate everyone that went through the trouble to post the statistics although they seemed to be skweded.

A few weeks ago a friend and I were in the Chickasaw recreational area.
There is a area with a rock outcropping that over looks the river.
It was very late, about 2am.
We were sitting in the pickup and I was drinking beer(she was sober and driving) and we were hanging out and just talking.
We were alone until some guys pulled up and got out.
They seemed to be up to no good and came over to my pickup before realizing we were sitting in it.
I had already gotten my gun out and had it in my hand.
Fortunately they saw us and left.

But I was out numbered and had a female companion I felt I needed to protect.
Had the situation been serious and I didn't have a weapon, we could have been in trouble.
I don't want to be in that position without the ability to defend myself
Great reason for a weapon. And, it would sure be nice to have something more than a one or six holer on a deal like that.

Growing up, there was a neighbor family - Father, mother and son. They had a three holer. A family that craps together, stays together.

TexasBred":uwegn9po said:
Cross-7":uwegn9po said:
I appreciate everyone that went through the trouble to post the statistics although they seemed to be skweded.

We were sitting in the pickup and I was drinking beer(she was sober and driving) and we were hanging out and just talking.
They seemed to be up to no good and came over to my pickup before realizing we were sitting in it.

Had the situation been serious and I didn't have a weapon, we could have been in trouble.

You make it sound like perhaps you were DRUNK too. :shock:

Legally drunk ? Probably so.
We'd gone out to eat at Chilli's and I had a couple of large drafts.
We had walked the trails and I'd grab a beer at the pickup and we'd take another trail, but yeah I had too many to drive and why I wasn't.

It wasn't anything nefarious, it was late, we were just hanging out, talking, laughing and enjoying life.
It's a shame that people have to have a weapon to protect themselves.
I'd wish it wasn't like this but it seems you have to.

Cross-7":2daaivz3 said:
TexasBred":2daaivz3 said:
Cross-7":2daaivz3 said:

You make it sound like perhaps you were DRUNK too. :shock:

Legally drunk ? Probably so.
We'd gone out to eat at Chilli's and I had a couple of large drafts.
We had walked the trails and I'd grab a beer at the pickup and we'd take another trail, but yeah I had too many to drive and why I wasn't.

It wasn't anything nefarious, it was late, we were just hanging out, talking, laughing and enjoying life.
It's a shame that people have to have a weapon to protect themselves.
I'd wish it wasn't like this but it seems you have to.
Cross 7, I can have 2, readem 2 beers and be illegal to drive, being a cdl holder brings you to 1/2 the legal limit . So I know where your coming from . Love to hang out and enjoy life but you gotta be careful , about everything it seems .

Maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges, who knows??? In my opinion this whole gun thing is going to be a lot like the push for banning immigrants. The majority will lose rights due to the fault of a few. I hear a lot of the same people (in general not on this board) that want a ban on Muslims or immigrants, but think there should not be tighter restrictions on guns and both are measures to try to protect the general public and both will infringe on innocent people. I am torn on the outlawing of assault rifles, I own numerous guns, but have never felt the need or desire to own an assault rifle. I tend to believe that if I have numerous people pursuing me, the three or four that are left might change their mind after their buddy gets hit with a 30/30 or 12 gauge. While I am not educated enough to say that tighter gun regulations will help, something has to give this is only going to get worse.

Gun owners who are somewhat moderate/sane on the issues had better stand up and be counted before the "no rules" crowd ticks the rest of the (majority-non-gun-owning) citizenry off to where there's a real backlash. I have heard many a person say since 9/11 that the moderate Muslim folks need to help rein in the radical factions. Maybe the moderate gun owners need to think about that...

I agree, my biggest fear is the snowball effect, if they get the bans started its hard to stop them and even harder to go back on them once in place.

If it is not bump guns, it is black semiautomatics, if not that then magazines over 10 rounds, if not that then magazines over three rounds, if not that then...
The liberals and liberal media or going to find something to demonize.

If you start compromising you are playing right into their hands.
That gun in Vegas was not the problem. It was the man behind it.
What kind of gun shot the congressman at baseball practice? I forget.
I think Sky should have whatever kind of gun he wants. Healthy recreation would calm violent tendencies. (Not saying that Sky has violent tendencies.) :) :)

I don't think any responsible gun owner has a problem with trying to rein in the radical faction of gun owners any less than responsible drivers had reigning in the radical and irresponsible faction known as drunk drivers.
Drunk driver kills an innocent, the driver is blamed, not the automobile (and rightfully so). Someone shoots another someone and a certain demographic wants to blame the gun.
Electrician does a crappy job wiring a house and the house burns down, does society blame the wire?
Mechanic forgets to put the drain plug in the oil pan tightly, does the plug get blamed?

Even finstein said that no law would have prevented vegas. The guy was sqeeky clean and there was nothing preventing him from having a gun. No insanity type stuff, no criminal record, nothing. So that will just be more fodder for her to push for banning all guns

dun":3oj54aq5 said:
Even finstein said that no law would have prevented vegas. The guy was sqeeky clean and there was nothing preventing him from having a gun. No insanity type stuff, no criminal record, nothing. So that will just be more fodder for her to push for banning all guns

And the third civil war starts.

They need to address how this guy got all this stuff in the room. I think that hotel needs to take responsibility for that.

The schools were sloppy before these shooting also on letting people in and out.

With a little thought about security a lot of these incidents could be prevented or drastically curtailed.

Brute 23":308jj7ao said:
They need to address how this guy got all this stuff in the room. I think that hotel needs to take responsibility for that.

The schools were sloppy before these shooting also on letting people in and out.

With a little thought about security a lot of these incidents could be prevented or drastically curtailed.
Getting them in wouldn't be hard to do,, putting then together was probably the hardest thing he did... Course he didn't care after he was done with them.. It's like being sucker punched with a pair of nucks......

Latest posts